This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Stargate Universe get cancelled.

Stargate Universe has good ratings, but will it get good DVD sales, I think alot of people who are watching it are waiting for it to get better.

Well, there are two possibly outcomes here, as I see it, if you'll just bare with me for a second:

It does get cancelled.

or

It doesn't get cancelled.

Comment

I'm willing to bet money on that it will be renewed for at least a second season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
        I'm willing to bet money on that it will be renewed for at least a second season.
        ^^
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes. All shows get cancelled eventually.

As for DVD sales I don't see why not. Stargate has always had good DVD sales.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I feel pretty sure we'll get a second season. Hopefully we'll hear news soon.

Comment

All things come to an end eventually. Such is life. Is SGU's life over now? NO.

Season 2 is in the bag and guranteed.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

not always, some shows actually end. Some though, as in a small amount.

SGU will get a Season 2, its future is unknown form there.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Unless TPTB decide to finish their run before TV executives decide to cancel it

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    not always, some shows actually end. Some though, as in a small amount.
                    Yup, A perfect example, they are actually ending 24 not cancelling it next season. 24 has high enough ratings to go well over 10 seasons.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Yup, A perfect example, they are actually ending 24 not cancelling it next season. 24 has high enough ratings to go well over 10 seasons.
                      More like 2,000 seasons!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        More like 2,000 seasons!
                        I'm gonna be sad when 24 ends, but I appreciate them telling us, "Hey this is the last season" in advance. They should of done that with SG-1 and SGA way before their final seasons aired.
                        sigpic

Comment

I generally think Season 2 is a sure thing.

The only question mark in my mind, though, is how MGM's being for sale impacts that decision. They sure are having money problems that have little to do with Stargate, but could very well impact Stargate.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                              I generally think Season 2 is a sure thing.

The only question mark in my mind, though, is how MGM's being for sale impacts that decision. They sure are having money problems that have little to do with Stargate, but could very well impact Stargate.
                              I think if the ratings decline or don't uptick much, budget cuts are going to have to be made. I do believe Season 2 is in the bag as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X