No announcement yet.

The Death of Every Stargate Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shaky camera worked fine this time. This episode really kept me at the edge of my seat. If the story isn't completely original, it was told in a interesting way. It had some problem solving, self sacrifice and maybe it was the most sci-fi eppie ( ?) so far.
    'Time' was a really good episode, I think everyone can agree on that. I thought how the kino was used as a camera at the start, it felt like a lot more real than when they use regular cameras in the rest of SGU.
    Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
      My main problem is that TPTB use time travel as an excuse to kill characters for affect only for them to be alive again by the time that the episode is over.
      But isn't that a trope of Scifi? To use time-travel for shock value? I guess I watch SciFi shows because of these methods...

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      In a more nasty tone
      Spoiler:
      the Chloe haters had the satisfaction to watch her die twice.
      But I am not one of those.
      Spoiler:
      But then we have to live through the disappointment that she'd be saved

'Time' was a really good episode, I think everyone can agree on that. I thought how the kino was used as a camera at the start, it felt like a lot more real than when they use regular cameras in the rest of SGU.
      I really liked that too, plus it gave the feeling that something was off, something's different. It hinted to the audience that what your seeing isn't happening as you watch it, at least that's how I felt.

Comment

Is anyone else bothered that every character in Stargate has died? SG-1 have died twice in 'Moebius' and Continuum, the Atlantis Expedition were all killed in 'Before I sleep' and now the Destiny crew have all perished twice as well. I can't be the only person that doesn't like this, none of the characters in Stargate are the original characters from the first time we saw them.
        Actually, I like it

And Cam hasn't died yet.
        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
        ---
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
          Actually, I like it

And Cam hasn't died yet.
          Mitchell died sometime on Earth in the past, he would have too old at the time he went back to the 1920's to live up until the present.

I don't think a single major character hasn't died in some altered timeline. Jonas would have been killed in 'Prophecy' if the Jaffa ambush had made it through the stargate, Landry died in different time circumstances to the rest of the characters but we still saw him die.
          Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

No one ever dies in science fiction.

There are a number of ways to resurrect a character once you've killed him off.
            (a) Alternate timeline, as with Kawalsky and Janet Fraiser
            (b) Cloning, as with Carson Beckett
            (c) It turns out the character is a robotic duplicate (Teal'c in 'Tin Man')

There is also the "reanimation" of Spock; and the Harry Kim who died in "Deadlock" was a duplicate created by the spatial anomaly (or the one who survived was... we aren't ever really sure which set of duplicates was "our" crew).

I admit that when I saw the creatures killing everyone off, my first thought was "Oh, it's OK... this will turn out not to be real". Somebody will eventually "make it didn't happen", as Larry Niven would say. But then the "real" crew was killed as well, which added an extra twist to it.

The thing is, even though I know the entire cast is not really going to be killed off in the eighth episode of the show, I still love the dramatic effect, and I love to have my mind boggled by the temporal plot twists!!

ArcheoNerd

Comment

Also you can take Time as:
              First Time team goes to the planet.
              They get killed.
              Scott sends a Kino back in time.
              Second Time team goes to the planet.
              They find Scott's Kino and decide to search it.
              They discover the meaning of the illness.
              Scott, Young, Spencer and Greer go to the planet in night to get a bug.
              They get killed.
              Scott sends a Kino back in time.
              Our team goes to the planet.
              They find 2 Kinos and search them through.
              Scott, Young, Spencer and Greer go to the planet in day to get a bug.
              They succeed.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
              X