Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's skull was that that Rush was holding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    as far as we know, the kino scott threw in nailed Rush in the past on the back of the neck, killing him death with one shot.

would that be one helluva deleted scene or what?
    Wasn't Rush lying face down with his eyes open? And how did they find the skull? Was it face down or up?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ann_Ominous View Post
      It is never even established if these creatures are mammals, reptiles, amphibians or insects
      Or cephalopods.
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
        Or cephalopods.
        Yea, I did kinda leave out everything that on Earth just lives in the water....

I've got it - they are land sharks!!! That shriek is actually translated from their language as "Candygram!!"
        sigpic

Comment

Through hours of constant thinking, and rewatching this episode over 9 times... I've come to the conclusion that the skull is of Furling origin.

The truth is out there folks...

Spoiler:
          Don't get me started on the pod from the pilot... I'm convinced the Furlings are involved in that too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Alan Wake;10846790]Through hours of constant thinking, and rewatching this episode over 9 times... I've come to the conclusion that the skull is of Furling origin.

So the Furlings have noses just like Rush's???
            sigpic

Comment

Yes. That's the only logical explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                You knew him so well?
                No, just well.

Comment

Originally posted by starlite07 View Post
                  I was assuming that it's Rush's too. It has to be unless there are other humans there. I'm not sure about how fast it can decay though. They found it in the same spot, near the gate as well. How far did he go back in the past? Is it 12 hours or several years?
                  Given the jungle environment and the near on the hour rain, It could have been as little as ten months.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post

"To be, or not to be"
                    ROFL, I was looking for this picture through google and end up here (again)
                    because I wanted to post it to our czech forum and write EXACTLY same quote you wrote

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post

"To be, or not to be"
                      Either he was thinking good ol' Hamlet or, "I definitely needed more fiber in my diet."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                        I think it's possible it's Rush's but there were a lot of dead bodies there so it could be anybody's. Although it makes for nice effect that it would be his I don't think there's a way of knowing
                        There would be no other bodies. The only constant and carry over in the time lines would be Rush's body. That is until the events depicted in the final scenes. Rush was not part of the last team sent to the planet. Nothing else went through the unstable wormhole except except the Kino Scott through. So in the NEW time line they should only find the Kino; no remains. Also all the recordings from the first damaged Kino (like the alien bursting out of Chloe's back) as well as all of Eli's character development never happens. All they have now is the summarized information from Scott.

[QUOTE=Ann_Ominous;10846796]
                        Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        Through hours of constant thinking, and rewatching this episode over 9 times... I've come to the conclusion that the skull is of Furling origin.

Skulls don't have noses.
                        How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          Either he was thinking good ol' Hamlet or, "I definitely needed more fiber in my diet."

Comment

Could someone please clarify for me whether the skull scene was in the episode?
                            Because my memory seems to have failed me....again

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                              It is also believed that he was then fed upon by the creatures which gave them a tolerance to the water toxins which were later usable by the crew in some future sequence.
                              Originally posted by nemesis24 View Post
                              Also would make sense that the creatures had a anti-body to this virus because they were subject to it a while back
                              This is wrong, on multiple counts.

Firstly, and foremost, is the fact that the creatures were able to cure the disease in the timeline in which they had never before been exposed to it: in the original Kino-recording, there was no sign of human remains on the planet, and yet the creature's bite was able to cure Scott of the illness. Therefore, quite self-evidently, the curative properties of the bite did not come from previous exposure to the illness.

Secondly, it is mentioned in the episode itself that the venoms of many terrestrial creatures could, potential be used as an antibiotic. Antibiotics are chemicals that can, through one method or another, kill one or more types of infectious organism. In this case, there is no reason to think that that is not exactly the case: the creatures venom is toxic both to humans and to the infectious organisms from the ice planet.
                              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
                                Actually in some cases, exposed to the elements a human can skeletise within a few days, and it given it's a hot and humid jungle and those creatures definitely have a voracious appetite... they probably ate Rush very quickly.
                                Except, from what we saw of those animals, they weren't killing to eat, they were killing either out of territorial-ism or fear. I don't recall seeing an indication that they thought of the humans as food.

Comment

Working...
                                X