Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Who's skull was that that Rush was holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who said, "Alas, poor Yorrick!" out loud while watching that!

Or perhaps I was the only one who actually said it out loud
    I thought it as soon as I saw the previews but alas I did not say it verbally
    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

- Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Quote Originally Posted by Gollumpus View Post
    This is getting some discussion in the "Time" episode discussion. The general view is that it is Rush's skull, and that his going through the gate put him into the past (how far is unknown). It is also believed that he was then fed upon by the creatures which gave them a tolerance to the water toxins which were later usable by the crew in some future sequence.

regards,
    G.
    That was my thinking as well, because we saw the skull of a human head so it must mean Rush was sent back quite far in the past - i dont know how long it takes for flesh to fully decompose but im guessing its around 20-50 years. Also would make sense that the creatures had a anti-body to this virus because they were subject to it a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
    Yorick
    stop it,, every thread I go into your posts keep cracking me up,, you're good, very good,

*calling Brad" "Hey Brad, I have someone you should consider casting and/or adding to your writing team, I think they would add much to your IMO less than stellar ensemble."

P.S. your reference to Dallas in the other thread had me laughing so hard I had to run to the bathroom ROTFLMAO.
    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4845/oneillsiggy7b.jpg

in my mind it would be rush's because he jumps through the gate and lands right where he lands

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis24 View Post
    That was my thinking as well, because we saw the skull of a human head so it must mean Rush was sent back quite far in the past - i dont know how long it takes for flesh to fully decompose but im guessing its around 20-50 years. Also would make sense that the creatures had a anti-body to this virus because they were subject to it a while back
    Not nearly that long. Considering they were in a hot and humid jungle, with obvious predators and most likely insects, I'd give em maybe a month to a month and a half.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis24 View Post
    Nope, not that long on a jungle planet. You must watch more episodes of Forensic Files and the New Detectives along with all three versions of CSI (ok, you can skip Miami).

The creatures did not have an anti-body to this virus. First of all, it wasn't a virus. It was some type of micro organism like a bacteria. Viruses don't get as big as what they showed nor do they look like that. Anyway, it was a micro organism that the creature's venom would kill because the venom was a poison. Furthermore, there is absolutely no evidence as to whether or not the micro organism would make the creatures sick in the first place so that they would make anti-bodies. It is never even established if these creatures are mammals, reptiles, amphibians or insects. That makes a big difference. Micro-organisms usually get species specific or pretty close to it. I can't think of any known micro-organism that affects both insects and humans on this planet. Note: mosquitoes carry lots of human diseases but are never effected by them and don't have anti-bodies for them otherwise we should be able to cure all those diseases the same way people are wanting the creatures to have cured the Destiny crew. Same goes for ticks and fleas, etc.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982 View Post
    Not nearly that long. Considering they were in a hot and humid jungle, with obvious predators and most likely insects, I'd give em maybe a month to a month and a half.
    We can't tell and it makes no difference. The only things we have to say there was a passage of time include a Kino without power and a human skeleton.

It could be anywhere from say a month to several decades, who knows how long a Kino's power lasts.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    We can't tell and it makes no difference. The only things we have to say there was a passage of time include a Kino without power and a human skeleton.

It could be anywhere from say a month to several decades, who knows how long a Kino's power lasts.
    Yea, it does. If it was long enough like hundreds of thousands of years or more then the skeleton would of had to of become fosilized in order to still be there. Jungle enviroments aren't generally that good for fosilization unless it gets really buried deep somehow. Skeletons not buried deep tend to get scattered, too, and fairly quickly.

But to an extent it is a detail that looking into is more of an intelectual exercise and an attempt to find a plot hole.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Ann_Ominous View Post
    Yea, it does. If it was long enough like hundreds of thousands of years or more then the skeleton would of had to of become fosilized in order to still be there. Jungle enviroments aren't generally that good for fosilization unless it gets really buried deep somehow. Skeletons not buried deep tend to get scattered, too, and fairly quickly.

But to an extent it is a detail that looking into is more of an intelectual exercise and an attempt to find a plot hole.
    But I mean, in the end, they haven't specified how long the skeleton was there in years on the show so there could be no plot hole anyway.

It could have been there a month. It could have been there a hundred years. It's sort of up to the viewer, and like I said, in the end it really makes no difference, especially to the plot.

First Lieutenant Captain Obvious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
    When we see the Kino go through, you see Rush laying there, presumably killed by the force at which he was thrown out of the gate. It doesn't show how close the skull ws to the kino.. but I think it was Rush. That or there is another Rush running around on that planet
    as far as we know, the kino scott threw in nailed Rush in the past on the back of the neck, killing him death with one shot.

would that be one helluva deleted scene or what?
    Official Female Villain Advocate. I love those bad girls...
    If you don't like SGU, Don't watch it. If you watch SGU just to find reasons to complain, read this-http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...id-from-water/
    Quote Originally Posted by SBN View Post
    Yet here you are still whining about it (SGU)? Even my cat moves on to new things when a toy does not entertain her. Congrats, you have now just been notched a ring below my cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender
    Parents, have you ever just tried turning the TV off, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    as far as we know, the kino scott threw in nailed Rush in the past on the back of the neck, killing him death with one shot.

would that be one helluva deleted scene or what?
    Wasn't Rush lying face down with his eyes open? And how did they find the skull? Was it face down or up?

Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ann_Ominous View Post
    It is never even established if these creatures are mammals, reptiles, amphibians or insects
    Or cephalopods.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Density View Post
    Or cephalopods.
    Yea, I did kinda leave out everything that on Earth just lives in the water....

I've got it - they are land sharks!!! That shriek is actually translated from their language as "Candygram!!"

Through hours of constant thinking, and rewatching this episode over 9 times... I've come to the conclusion that the skull is of Furling origin.

The truth is out there folks...

Spoiler:
    Don't get me started on the pod from the pilot... I'm convinced the Furlings are involved in that too.

Staff Sergeant

[QUOTE=Alan Wake;10846790]Through hours of constant thinking, and rewatching this episode over 9 times... I've come to the conclusion that the skull is of Furling origin.

The truth is out there folks...

So the Furlings have noses just like Rush's???

So the Furlings have noses just like Rush's???
    Yes. That's the only logical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoletsi View Post
    You knew him so well?
    No, just well.

Sam’s Uneven Parallel Bars Phantom6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlite07 View Post
    I was assuming that it's Rush's too. It has to be unless there are other humans there. I'm not sure about how fast it can decay though. They found it in the same spot, near the gate as well. How far did he go back in the past? Is it 12 hours or several years?
    Given the jungle environment and the near on the hour rain, It could have been as little as ten months.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post

"To be, or not to be"
    ROFL, I was looking for this picture through google and end up here (again)
    because I wanted to post it to our czech forum and write EXACTLY same quote you wrote

Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post

"To be, or not to be"
    Either he was thinking good ol' Hamlet or, "I definitely needed more fiber in my diet."