Did ya just wanna hit Eli...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did ya just wanna hit Eli...

Someone's gotta get his mind off of Chloe. Being friends and all is fine but this episode for me showed that he's REALLY hung up on her, even tho he knows that she doesn't like him "that" way.

I felt so bad for Eli, yeah yeah, welled up when he was talking to Chloe, but he just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper...

Poor Eli...perhaps he'll meet an Orion slave girl out in the big black yonder

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
    : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

No. I don't wanna hit Eli. Apparently you've never been in his position. Love isn't something you can just wish away. It would be even worse for him to get over it, when he sees her daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
      No. I don't wanna hit Eli. Apparently you've never been in his position. Love isn't something you can just wish away. It would be even worse for him to get over it, when he sees her daily.
      Actually I have, and I had to work with this person.

The best way to deal with this is to get a kick up the day and move on. Especially if you're smart enough to see that the relationship isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
        Actually I have, and I had to work with this person.

The best way to deal with this is to get a kick up the day and move on. Especially if you're smart enough to see that the relationship isn't going anywhere.

Maybe you can do that. But Eli is like me, and its hard for geeks like us to get over something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
          Maybe you can do that. But Eli is like me, and its hard for geeks like us to get over something like that.
          My point is, Eli, like yourself, would probably have benefited from someone helping you get over it, and quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
            My point is, Eli, like yourself, would probably have benefited from someone helping you get over it, and quickly.

True, but there's only so much someone can do to help. And who could help Eli? The only person who really knew about it was TJ in AT2.

Comment

No, like James he's doing the good thing and isn't being a brat about it. Personally I'd rather see Eli + Lt James or TJ than Eli + Chloe.

Comment

Eli needs a friend on the ship not someone who will use him like Rush or the rest of the people that kiss his ass because he is privy to more information than them.

one scene that annoyed me was when Scott was on pause mode when he heard the news of Chloe. you would think the US military would do a better job training soldiers in times of a crisis especially when you already know the outcome. if I was Young I would of bopped him over the head with my flashlight and told him to focus.

- Christine

Comment

anger issues much ??? just hit someone for telling his friend how he feels ??
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
                    Eli needs a friend on the ship not someone who will use him like Rush or the rest of the people that kiss his ass because he is privy to more information than them.

one scene that annoyed me was when Scott was on pause mode when he heard the news of Chloe. you would think the US military would do a better job training soldiers in times of a crisis especially when you already know the outcome. if I was Young I would of bopped him over the head with my flashlight and told him to focus.

- Christine
                    I thought Scott's temporary pause was fine. It wasn't as if he wasn't trained for dealing with that stuff - it's that he was on that planet to find a cure for her specifically, and then she's dead... It takes him a moment to regain his priorities - that is, to the other infected people on the ship. By the time he probably does, the beasties go wild!
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I cheered when Eli got owned by that creature, does that count?

Comment

I understood the scene and appreciated it. maybe I thought it was annoying because it felt a little artificial? the only drama scenes in the entire episode I thought were not artificial was the bonding session in the cavern in AT1 and TJ reaction after Chloe death in AT2. Eli and Scott's reaction to Chloe death in AT2 were artificial it's like Cooper was trying to play a hand that wasn't fully developed, didn't have his aces and the pay off was disappointing to say the least. am I making any sense here? it would be great if it was the mother of his children and he dropped his weapon and ran back to the gate but it wasn't. I know his character is fresh out of training and hes banging cocktail waitresses left and right. could you picture Greer in pause mode?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        anger issues much ??? just hit someone for telling his friend how he feels ??
                        no. to hit him to get his attention. Young tried three times?

- Christine
                        Last edited by lkg1980; 15 November 2009, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
                          could you picture Greer in pause mode?
                          Greer and scott are two different people. Scott is a sensitive guy compared to greer. I cant ever see scott denying anyone water while on a desert planet.

Comment

yes but what bothers me is he was willing to leave her to die when he had to pilot the shuttle and didn't think twice. 2 sex scenes and 1 holding hands scene and we are supposed to believe his reaction on screen. the scene wouldn't bother me if it was in the season finale because i'm sure there is going to be more development between the two characters. Cooper tried to go for the pay off early and it failed in my opinion.

- Christine

Comment

No, I don't want to hit Eli.
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                              X