Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Right after Greer get shot in the back by Rush
    Works for me I hate Greer but I don't want Chloe to die though she likely will.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I don't necessarily want Chloe to die, but I have to admit that I would have been overjoyed by her death had I not had some kind of feeling that she would be brought back somehow.

I'm not going to lie to you, I don't like Chloe. But killing her off isn't the only option, they could make her character more interesting, they could write her off the show (doesn't have to mean that she dies), they could simply reduce her screen time. Point is, I have a hard enough time trying to like this show, but Chloe is making it rather difficult.

Besides, if they were to reduce her screen time, they could use that time to develop some other characters.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
        I'd be happy if they just offed Chloe for good. She just sucks as a character. Her only contribution to the show is that she makes Scott look like a tool and Eli look pathetic.

I like the idea of her being the ship concubine. When they realize they won't ever make it home they need to start breeding with the females. Chloe being the youngest girl has the most childbearing years, so they should have a lottery to choose the order of who gets to have a child with her. I bet she could fit in a child for every man on the ship.
        I'd love it if Chloe was offed, but even better would be to see Chloe disappear into the background, I just don't want to see or hear her onscreen ever...

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
        We were having a good time with the guys, if you can't understand that then I guess you never hang out with people much.

We thought "yes this tv show is going to be so much better now!" because with chloe gone we will not get MTV drama between her, scott, and eli. What is this the OC?
        Why is it so hard for people to understand that if a boring character, who has been focused on TOO MUCH over the 9 episodes is removed that the show would improve? And I know a lot of people don't think it's the actress, and it's just the character, but I disagree. A better actress would be able to make me sympathize with the characters situation, she's useless on the ship, her father died, I should feel sorry for her, but because the actress seems to be the weakest link on the show, and because the character is over-used and has nothing interesting to do...I just can't stand her. Remove her, and let Lt. James, or Dr. Park replace her, as the interesting female. Those actresses seem to be far more capable, and those characters seem to have a lot more potential than Chloe.

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
        That's the point though. You personally may not have anything against any of the actors, but there are those out there who apparently do and this kind of thing fans the flames of their misplaced hatred.
        I agree that hating an actor is unfair; however hinting at an actor's inability to convey emotions is fair, IMO.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        I think an everyday person would do just the same as they would do in a crisis here on earth, say a hurricane or tornado, they would pitch in and help out, not find the nearest guy and make out.
        Chloe is more inept than the average person, she takes up space and resources. IMO

Girlbot, very well said.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        Hey she could be washing sheets, heaven knows hers need some washing. Or helping in the kitchen washing dishes, but no, she meanders around, taking showers and drooling over Scott.

I think by calling her the average person, it's an insult to average people everywhere who rally in a crisis.
        Again, Agreed.

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        Ditto. She's far more than that. She's an example of someone who has no skills relevant to the running of the Destiny (to date). Her character reflects what most of us would be like if stuck on the Destiny, an intelligent young uni graduate, whose skills, while important in human society which we have created here on Earth is all but useless in the running of the Destiny.

While she is by no means my favourite character, I can relate to her more than any other. I myself am doing a degree in the social studies field, which isn't a huge stretch from what Chloe has done in Political Science.

She is by no means there ONLY to be in a love triangle. That's just what fandom has concentrated on.
        I don't think it's just what the fandom has concentrated on, I think it's what the writers have concentrated on AND it's what the actor has brought to the role. There are several less developed characters on the show, who are interesting because of what the actors have brought to the characters.

Additionally, like you said Chloe has had experience in Political Science, she's hinted that she has done some work in the realm of her father's campaigning (PR, speeches etc) she doesn't have to wait for aliens, she could be useful now. Apprentice with Wray or something, not fall in love with a soldier, and go clubbing and get pissed of because her best friend and ex-boyfriend have hooked up, while she's billions of light years away on a spaceship.
        Last edited by natyanayaki; 26 November 2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X