Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suicide?

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by aarlin81 View Post
    Phew! Wading through the mess of ignorance I didn't think anyone would mention this. Everyone is asking when we'll see the suicide and it doesn't even occur to them that we have.

His decision to board the shuttle that was leaking air so that he could hold down the switch/button to seal it off was suicide. Even if he was already dying he made a conscience choice to hasten his death.
    We know about the suicide because of this Robert Carlyle quote:

“In the first three hours there are three deaths. It’s very heavy. There’s a suicide by episode six, as well.”

Of course, the episode six thing is no longer accurate, but the "as well" rules out that the suicide could be Senator Armstrong's death. Plus it just seems odd to say "suicide by episode six" when it happens in the second episode. Wouldn't you then say "There's a suicide by episode two"?

Quote Originally Posted by senatorincitatus View Post
    We know about the suicide because of this Robert Carlyle quote:

“In the first three hours there are three deaths. It’s very heavy. There’s a suicide by episode six, as well.”

Of course, the episode six thing is no longer accurate, but the "as well" rules out that the suicide could be Senator Armstrong's death. Plus it just seems odd to say "suicide by episode six" when it happens in the second episode. Wouldn't you then say "There's a suicide by episode two"?
    Oddly enough according to the Gateworld production notes he said: "A suicide in episode five, I think".

Also I was pointing out that we have seen a suicide. Now have we seen THE suicide which is likely to be a major focus in a upcoming episode? No. Frankly I find it disturbing that some people are almost salivating in anticipation.

From the production notes for "Time"...

Since this suicide has not occurred as of "Earth," we're speculating that Carlyle may have had all three hours of "Air" in mind as a single episode -- making "episode six" actually episode eight. Just when the suicide will occur, however, is uncertain. Carlyle also told Multichannel News at the same media event that the suicide might occur in episode five. Neither episode had been filmed at the time.

Chief Master Sergeant

Oddly enough according to the Gateworld production notes he said: "A suicide in episode five, I think".
    He probably mentioned it in more than one interview.

Also I was pointing out that we have seen a suicide. Now have we seen THE suicide which is likely to be a major focus in a upcoming episode? No. Frankly I find it disturbing that some people are almost salivating in anticipation.
    I suspect the reaction would be similar if we'd been told there'd be a major death by a certain point in the season. People would still be speculating who and how. The fact that it's a suicide just changes that "how" to a "why."

I think you need to re-read that. I was commenting on the fact that the episode number changed.

Chief Master Sergeant

I think you need to re-read that. I was commenting on the fact that the episode number changed.
    So you were. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by senatorincitatus View Post

I suspect the reaction would be similar if we'd been told there'd be a major death by a certain point in the season. People would still be speculating who and how. The fact that it's a suicide just changes that "how" to a "why."
    The truth is that I anticipate much more a suicide that a simple death. Maybe because the subject of suicide is not talked about on TV very often. Its especially interesting if there's some build up toward it.

Wait? Hoshi Sato? The evil guy who killed Archer with Mayweather? Oh, sorry, well Spencer was the suicide in Justice in episode 9.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Wait? Hoshi Sato? The evil guy who killed Archer with Mayweather? Oh, sorry, well Spencer was the suicide in Justice in episode 9.
    What are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Sorry, forgot the quotes.

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    Right. I was watching Star Trek Enterprise, and I guess I got her mixed up with the actress Linda Park who played Hoshi Sato.
    That's right. And what I said was the mirror universe. So, Spencer will be the suicide in the tenth episode.

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.