Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Probie

Default The Aliens on the Jungle Planet - The Flood?

Anyone else get the impression that these aliens were heavily influenced by the Flood from Halo? They look alot alike, and the scene introducing them is eerily similar.

Sam’s Uneven Parallel Bars

Default Re: The Aliens on the Jungle Planet - The Flood?

Quote Originally Posted by Taedran View Post
    Anyone else get the impression that these aliens were heavily influenced by the Flood from Halo? They look alot alike, and the scene introducing them is eerily similar.
    This jungle planet had a rich ecosystem with large vegetation. I wonder what their predators were.

And to answer the question: Yes.

I do not think we got that close a look at them.
    And fortanatly they did not have all the Flood like aspects

No, they reminded me nothing of those infection forms from that overrated game series. Kinda reminded me of the creatures from Pitch Black.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

no clue i've never played helo

My initial reaction was symbiotes! It was very reminiscent of the SG-1 scene when they are on the Unas planet and a lesser evolved symbiote jumps out of the lake (a couple different times, once it gets caught by an Unas, and another time goes into someones neck).

They eerily reminded me A LOT of Ancient drones...wild thought there...

Chief Master Sergeant StargateBuilder's Avatar

They have a little similarity to the Flood, I see how you could compare the two. The fact that they only came out a night or when the sun was not out could make them similar to the creatures from Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black. All I can say is those things were way more efficient killers than the Flood but are probably of the same voracity as the creatures from Pitch Black. There were so many of them too. They attacked in huge swarms (which is how the Flood infection forms attacked), and killed everything alive in sight. It is odd that the creatures did not attack Lieutenant Scott when he was sick. This episode has definitely renewed my interest in the show. The time travel elements were very cool, and it was done in a way that was very original compared to what we have seen before.

They actually reminded me of the...I think they are called facehuggers from 'Alien.' They weren't so much in body shape, but after Eli made that reference to 'Alien' after seeing Rush look down that thing that had sulfur coming out and when Greer said they live down there, it made me think of that. If you remember from the 'Alien' movies, the facehuggers came out of those egg like things. The shape of the alien home reminded me of those eggs. Also, when they flew through the chest and out, that reminded me of the aliens bursting out of the stomachs.

I don't know. That's what it seemed like for me.
    http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...ignature_3.jpg
    There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

What is The Flood from Halo?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antreas View Post
    They actually reminded me of the...I think they are called facehuggers from 'Alien.' They weren't so much in body shape, but after Eli made that reference to 'Alien' after seeing Rush look down that thing that had sulfur coming out and when Greer said they live down there, it made me think of that. If you remember from the 'Alien' movies, the facehuggers came out of those egg like things. The shape of the alien home reminded me of those eggs. Also, when they flew through the chest and out, that reminded me of the aliens bursting out of the stomachs.
    I was thinking about that too but I forgot about it when I was posting. They were a little bit similar in shape but they seemed to move faster. I just realized the way they the aliens ate through characters was similar to that seen with Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks (which I didn't really like, but was thinking about the similarity in scenes) when the alien impales him.

I thought this episode was great; it had the most combat action we have seen since the Air.

Second Lieutenant

More than anything else they reminded me of the creature inhabited by the go'auld in the SG1 ep "The Tomb." All legs and tentacles and teeth...eeewwwww.... "boizhemoi.."

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by StargateBuilder View Post
    It is odd that the creatures did not attack Lieutenant Scott when he was sick.
    Maybe they were not seeing him as food since he was in a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by prion View Post
    What is The Flood from Halo?
    The Flood are a parasitic scourge from Halo that ended the reign of the Forerunner (a technologically advanced race that created the Halos). Search them on you tube.

First Lieutenant

They looked and acted nothing at like.

These looked clearly like worms, while the flood are spore like creatures that latch onto things.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Not quite Flood. More... the worms off of the movie Slither (Which starred the actor who plays Riley). Either way, they were great.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

I got a Goa'uld meshed with Aliens vibe from it all.

It's hard to imagine how Halo of all things could be accused as having originated an idea
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by StargateBuilder View Post
    I was thinking about that too but I forgot about it when I was posting. They were a little bit similar in shape but they seemed to move faster. I just realized the way they the aliens ate through characters was similar to that seen with Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks (which I didn't really like, but was thinking about the similarity in scenes) when the alien impales him.

I thought this episode was great; it had the most combat action we have seen since the Air.
    YES...gotta' give the show props for actually SHOWING it. It's all, "Oh noes, they're getting attacked!!! OH NOES, CHOLE!!! She's down, and...HOLY CRAP it just exploded out of her!!!"

Plus NOBODY went "quietly into the night" from those things...

Awesome bit of terror there...

Second Lieutenant

99% possibility of flood. But some interesting designs

Reminded me more of Pitch Black actually. Just smaller.