Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Aliens on the Jungle Planet - The Flood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
    It's funny how people mentioned that the aliens look like the Flood but the Flood is based on the Zerg, which were a rip off of the Tyranid, which are themselves based off of the xenomorphs in the Alien series.
    Everything is based off of something else....

Comment

Come on they buried through people chests and came out the other side, have venom and we all know that the writers of the other 2 SG series had a healthy obsession with "Alien"

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        chesthuggers...

that's a good name for them
        I'd love to do some chesthugging...

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
        It's funny how people mentioned that the aliens look like the Flood but the Flood is based on the Zerg, which were a rip off of the Tyranid, which are themselves based off of the xenomorphs in the Alien series.
        And that copied something which ripped off BSG, amirite?

To me they looked a lot like those creatures out of the eighth episode of that new scifi series that has that old guy who looks kinda like McGuyver in a few episodes. Anyone know what that's called?
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          Everything is based off of something else....
          But some of those things are rip offs. For example, the Tyranid are similar to the xenomorphs but there are a lot of differences. There are Tyranid creatures that share similar designs with the xenomorph but there are also a lot of Tyranids that are very different than the xenomorphs. The Zerg on the other hand are a rip off of the Tyranid because they look almost exactly the same. The design of some Zerg creatures are at least 80% to 90% similar to the design of certain Tyranid creatures. The most obvious rip off are Zergling - Hormagaunt, Hydralisk - Ravener, and Ultralisk - Carnifex (the 4 bladed Starcraft 2 Ultralisk looks even more like a Carnifex).

Basically, if you showed someone who has never seen or heard of Aliens or Warhammer 40K pictures of the xenomorph and pictures of the Tyranid, they would probably be able to tell that they were created by different artists. However, if you showed someone who has never seen or heard of Warhammer 40K or Starcraft pictures of the Tyranid and pictures of the Zerg, they'll likely think that they were created by the same artists.

Comment

Well they kinda look like the things from Screamers

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Sam StarEagle View Post
              They eerily reminded me A LOT of Ancient drones...wild thought there...
              i thought that, too
              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
              "what?"
              *throat punch*
              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

They reminded me of the Kryl from Gears Of War.

Comment

Originally posted by Taedran View Post
                  Anyone else get the impression that these aliens were heavily influenced by the Flood from Halo? They look alot alike, and the scene introducing them is eerily similar.
                  I love Halo played them all quite a lot but they look nothing alike nor did they act like them either.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by boxvic View Post
                    They reminded me of the Kryl from Gears Of War.
                    Hmmm nice comparison.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

To me they are Iratus Bug + Goa'uld=Ira'uld
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                      X