Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Aliens on the Jungle Planet - The Flood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite Flood. More... the worms off of the movie Slither (Which starred the actor who plays Riley). Either way, they were great.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I got a Goa'uld meshed with Aliens vibe from it all.

It's hard to imagine how Halo of all things could be accused as having originated an idea
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by StargateBuilder View Post
        I was thinking about that too but I forgot about it when I was posting. They were a little bit similar in shape but they seemed to move faster. I just realized the way they the aliens ate through characters was similar to that seen with Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks (which I didn't really like, but was thinking about the similarity in scenes) when the alien impales him.

I thought this episode was great; it had the most combat action we have seen since the Air.
        YES...gotta' give the show props for actually SHOWING it. It's all, "Oh noes, they're getting attacked!!! OH NOES, CHOLE!!! She's down, and...HOLY CRAP it just exploded out of her!!!"

Plus NOBODY went "quietly into the night" from those things...

Awesome bit of terror there...

Comment

99% possibility of flood. But some interesting designs

Comment

Reminded me more of Pitch Black actually. Just smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam StarEagle View Post
              They eerily reminded me A LOT of Ancient drones...wild thought there...

when drones go wild.....IV!

wouldn't be surprised if it was a prop reuse/mod

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Kinda reminded me of the creatures from Pitch Black.
                Yep. That's the first thing I thought of, too.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by thedrumm3rguy View Post
                  when drones go wild.....IV!

wouldn't be surprised if it was a prop reuse/mod

Heeheehee...

Yep..poor things had been stranded there for millions of years and FINALLY one day people come through the gate, so they all flew up to them as fast as they could for hugs...unfortunately their friendly gesture resulted in horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibit View Post
                    My initial reaction was symbiotes! It was very reminiscent of the SG-1 scene when they are on the Unas planet and a lesser evolved symbiote jumps out of the lake (a couple different times, once it gets caught by an Unas, and another time goes into someones neck).
                    That's what I thought when I saw it- maybe some sort of ancestor somehow. Then I saw it explode out of Chloe, and.... yeah.

I think that's because they used VERY much the same sound effect for both organisms when they burrowed into their victims.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

The creatures actually reminded me of the one Teyla caught and ate on New Athos in the episode "Missing." Just smaller and more silvery.

I think it's kinda funny though. Rob Cooper must really like the movie "Alien." Atlantis's "Doppleganger" also featured a sequence with a creature bursting through someone's body. And they made a dialogure reference to the movie there as well. -_-;

Comment

Atleast they killed chloe...

Comment

lol, the writers seemed to be listening to the forums. :-P

Comment

They were land squids!
                            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I can see what you mean, they are somewhat reminiscent of the Flood Infection Forms, however I think they where based more on a cross between the smaller flying creatures from Pitch Black and the Facehuggers from the Alien series.

Although at first I thought they looked very Goa'uld like, however when you saw the close up at the end it was reveled they they where actually more squid like, like mini versions of the monsters from Tremors, only with green mouths.
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

They definitely looked like face huggers. They were probably inspired by the xenomorphs, especially the part where one bursts out of Chloe.

Comment

Working...
                                X