Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Aliens on the Jungle Planet - The Flood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Aliens on the Jungle Planet - The Flood?

Anyone else get the impression that these aliens were heavily influenced by the Flood from Halo? They look alot alike, and the scene introducing them is eerily similar.

Originally posted by Taedran View Post
    Anyone else get the impression that these aliens were heavily influenced by the Flood from Halo? They look alot alike, and the scene introducing them is eerily similar.
    This jungle planet had a rich ecosystem with large vegetation. I wonder what their predators were.

And to answer the question: Yes.

Comment

I do not think we got that close a look at them.
      And fortanatly they did not have all the Flood like aspects

Comment

No, they reminded me nothing of those infection forms from that overrated game series. Kinda reminded me of the creatures from Pitch Black.

Comment

no clue i've never played helo
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

My initial reaction was symbiotes! It was very reminiscent of the SG-1 scene when they are on the Unas planet and a lesser evolved symbiote jumps out of the lake (a couple different times, once it gets caught by an Unas, and another time goes into someones neck).

Comment

They eerily reminded me A LOT of Ancient drones...wild thought there...

Comment

They have a little similarity to the Flood, I see how you could compare the two. The fact that they only came out a night or when the sun was not out could make them similar to the creatures from Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black. All I can say is those things were way more efficient killers than the Flood but are probably of the same voracity as the creatures from Pitch Black. There were so many of them too. They attacked in huge swarms (which is how the Flood infection forms attacked), and killed everything alive in sight. It is odd that the creatures did not attack Lieutenant Scott when he was sick. This episode has definitely renewed my interest in the show. The time travel elements were very cool, and it was done in a way that was very original compared to what we have seen before.

Comment

They actually reminded me of the...I think they are called facehuggers from 'Alien.' They weren't so much in body shape, but after Eli made that reference to 'Alien' after seeing Rush look down that thing that had sulfur coming out and when Greer said they live down there, it made me think of that. If you remember from the 'Alien' movies, the facehuggers came out of those egg like things. The shape of the alien home reminded me of those eggs. Also, when they flew through the chest and out, that reminded me of the aliens bursting out of the stomachs.

I don't know. That's what it seemed like for me.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

What is The Flood from Halo?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                      They actually reminded me of the...I think they are called facehuggers from 'Alien.' They weren't so much in body shape, but after Eli made that reference to 'Alien' after seeing Rush look down that thing that had sulfur coming out and when Greer said they live down there, it made me think of that. If you remember from the 'Alien' movies, the facehuggers came out of those egg like things. The shape of the alien home reminded me of those eggs. Also, when they flew through the chest and out, that reminded me of the aliens bursting out of the stomachs.
                      I was thinking about that too but I forgot about it when I was posting. They were a little bit similar in shape but they seemed to move faster. I just realized the way they the aliens ate through characters was similar to that seen with Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks (which I didn't really like, but was thinking about the similarity in scenes) when the alien impales him.

I thought this episode was great; it had the most combat action we have seen since the Air.

Comment

More than anything else they reminded me of the creature inhabited by the go'auld in the SG1 ep "The Tomb." All legs and tentacles and teeth...eeewwwww.... "boizhemoi.."

Comment

Originally posted by StargateBuilder View Post
                          It is odd that the creatures did not attack Lieutenant Scott when he was sick.
                          Maybe they were not seeing him as food since he was in a coma.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            What is The Flood from Halo?
                            The Flood are a parasitic scourge from Halo that ended the reign of the Forerunner (a technologically advanced race that created the Halos). Search them on you tube.

Comment

They looked and acted nothing at like.

These looked clearly like worms, while the flood are spore like creatures that latch onto things.
                              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                              X