Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-fi.. Once again you made an excellent article. I can't wait till you do Space and divided!

Comment

Continuing to enjoy your views on each episode. Totally agree about how the way SGU was originally aired did no favours for this show. That long mid season break coupled with the slow deliberate groundwork made on the characters I can see why the show was abandoned by many. This is what I thought was sad, that not many people liked the first half so the pay off, especially in the second season was never appreciated in the way I felt it deserved.

When I watched it on DVD for the first time, it improved my experience of the show to the extent it felt like I was watching it for the first time again!

This episode certainly had one of the biggest shockers in Stargate for me! Young being my favourite character due to his flawed yet caring character doing what he did leaving Rush to die on the planet was a jaw dropping moment.

Spoiler:
      His quest for some measure of redemption for this action was wonderfully played out in 'Space' I thought when he saved Rush from the clutches of the blue aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Continuing to enjoy your views on each episode. Totally agree about how the way SGU was originally aired did no favours for this show. That long mid season break coupled with the slow deliberate groundwork made on the characters I can see why the show was abandoned by many. This is what I thought was sad, that not many people liked the first half so the pay off, especially in the second season was never appreciated in the way I felt it deserved.

When I watched it on DVD for the first time, it improved my experience of the show to the extent it felt like I was watching it for the first time again!

This episode certainly had one of the biggest shockers in Stargate for me! Young being my favourite character due to his flawed yet caring character doing what he did leaving Rush to die on the planet was a jaw dropping moment.

Spoiler:
        His quest for some measure of redemption for this action was wonderfully played out in 'Space' I thought when he saved Rush from the clutches of the blue aliens.
        Thanks. My view on SGU was good at first, but it really took off when watching it on DVD, especially with season 2. I just feel like it was hard for them to keep up the momentum week-to-week since it was such of a serialized story. That moment with Young and Rush is still shocking even after seeing it multiple times.

Comment

That it is. And i agree that one of the bigger killers for the show was the long break AND the switching of which day /hr slot it was in..

Comment

Don't buy that. If that was the case the long breaks NB between seasons would have killed it as well
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Look at viewership ratings between S1 and s2. It did drop..

Comment

That's my point. You can't blame the midseason breaks as the same would happen between seasons
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                X