Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118
Results 2,341 to 2,347 of 2347
    Major General

Default Re: 'Justice' (110) General Discussion

Sci-fi.. Once again you made an excellent article. I can't wait till you do Space and divided!

Continuing to enjoy your views on each episode. Totally agree about how the way SGU was originally aired did no favours for this show. That long mid season break coupled with the slow deliberate groundwork made on the characters I can see why the show was abandoned by many. This is what I thought was sad, that not many people liked the first half so the pay off, especially in the second season was never appreciated in the way I felt it deserved.

When I watched it on DVD for the first time, it improved my experience of the show to the extent it felt like I was watching it for the first time again!

This episode certainly had one of the biggest shockers in Stargate for me! Young being my favourite character due to his flawed yet caring character doing what he did leaving Rush to die on the planet was a jaw dropping moment.

Spoiler:
    His quest for some measure of redemption for this action was wonderfully played out in 'Space' I thought when he saved Rush from the clutches of the blue aliens.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Continuing to enjoy your views on each episode. Totally agree about how the way SGU was originally aired did no favours for this show. That long mid season break coupled with the slow deliberate groundwork made on the characters I can see why the show was abandoned by many. This is what I thought was sad, that not many people liked the first half so the pay off, especially in the second season was never appreciated in the way I felt it deserved.

When I watched it on DVD for the first time, it improved my experience of the show to the extent it felt like I was watching it for the first time again!

This episode certainly had one of the biggest shockers in Stargate for me! Young being my favourite character due to his flawed yet caring character doing what he did leaving Rush to die on the planet was a jaw dropping moment.

Spoiler:
    His quest for some measure of redemption for this action was wonderfully played out in 'Space' I thought when he saved Rush from the clutches of the blue aliens.
    Thanks. My view on SGU was good at first, but it really took off when watching it on DVD, especially with season 2. I just feel like it was hard for them to keep up the momentum week-to-week since it was such of a serialized story. That moment with Young and Rush is still shocking even after seeing it multiple times.

Major General

That it is. And i agree that one of the bigger killers for the show was the long break AND the switching of which day /hr slot it was in..

Don't buy that. If that was the case the long breaks NB between seasons would have killed it as well
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Major General

Look at viewership ratings between S1 and s2. It did drop..

That's my point. You can't blame the midseason breaks as the same would happen between seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right