The Waters of Mars (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I liked it. Not the greatest, but I liked it.

One thing I really didn't like was the Dalek bit. The whole plan of the Daleks in that episode was to change the whole of creation, why on Earth would the Dalek just take off? That just doesn't make any sense. To me, it's just another case of RTD trying to cram in Daleks wherever he can, whether he should or not.

That really annoyed me too..... It spends forever staring at her then just flies off....

And I HATED THAT STUPID ROBOT.....

"Gadget Gadget" Oh please die robot die. And what did the Doctor take that in the TARDIS to keep?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i didn't like what happens in the end it was just sad. but the doctor saved her when he wasn't meant to so she wanted to put it right
      sigpic

Comment

Well.....wasn't fantastic but it wasn't bad, hell of a lot better then the last two.

Next special(Tennants last) looks good. But I can't watch Doctor Who without him, i'll watch one ep with Matt White or w.e his name is in it. Then I shall decide whether to watch.

Sounds of things I probably won't be watching it after this.
        Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          That really annoyed me too..... It spends forever staring at her then just flies off....

And I HATED THAT STUPID ROBOT.....

"Gadget Gadget" Oh please die robot die. And what did the Doctor take that in the TARDIS to keep?
          I too hate that Robot, hopefully it will cark it in "The End of time"
          Tst

Comment

i think it died in the end and he just left it there on earth the next one does look good
            sigpic

Comment

Why would you abandon Dr. Who just because of a change of actor. That's happened through the shows entire lifetime... Nothing new there.

Comment

I saw this when it was on the ABC the other week, so this is my belated review:

WOW. Spooky stuff. The Doctor is now the villain and actually has got to a point where he needs to be killed. I've never seen Doctor Who like this. Tennant's brilliance really resonated here, especially in the final 15 minutes. It also raises a whole stack of questions about Earth's events.

How do we know that the crew weren't actually meant to live? Think of it this way: the Doctor travels to a time period, simply reads the article on the death of the Bowie Space Station members and perceives their deaths as unfortunate. Yet, in reality, it was his misinterpretation of the articles that drove him to act in the way he did and became the actual cause of death. This was something that was vaguely alluded to in the Pompeii episode.

This was so good. I loved it. If I were to do an edit to the episode: remove the dalek. Other than that, bloody good! The make-up, CGI, soundtrack, performances. I can't wait and totally satisfied I stayed spoiler free.

I think the best way to sum up with this episode would be to provide a quote from Dark Knight:

"You either die as the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

So glad this show went there. THANK YOU RTD!!!

Comment

i agree with that. i think this episode and pompeii episode show the effects what the doctor is doing has. it also shows that he can be as much a cause as a help. i love the doctors dark side it shows that everything the daleks said go to him as has all the death. i can't wait to see the new actor take his place and see how good his at the doctors role
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm more wondering how the Robot was able to open the TARDIS since it's been
                    established that only PEOPLE that the Doctor deems worthy can have a key and
                    open the ship. Now how did he enable that for the robot. It has no DNA and
                    I thought the TARDIS needed some kind of DNA fusion to let you open the
                    doors.

The Doctor must have also had a case of amnesia because he could have clicked his fingers and the doors would have opened.

Comment

And now for a crazy idea

"Crazy fan theory"

Maybe the other Doctor that lives with Rose instantaneously swaps places with the real Doctor on Mars and that explains his arrogant behaviour.

Comment

lol i don't know why it was able to open the doors maybe the tardis knew the doctor was in danger and this once let the robot open the ship. lol i don't think roses doctor changed places i think he just had a break down or something lol. i guess i would go nuts once in awhile if it was me who saw friends die,my world destroyed and the friends that i did have leaving me. also remember he does become different when he doesn't have a companion to stop him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          And now for a crazy idea

"Crazy fan theory"

Maybe the other Doctor that lives with Rose instantaneously swaps places with the real Doctor on Mars and that explains his arrogant behaviour.
                          It could work....maybe.....slightly......ok definitely not.

Comment

lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              Lool! Just realised that robot did look like WALLE. That film was rubbish
                              Anyway, I found the robot funny. The Doctor hates robots

Its top speen is 2mph
                              Not anymore!

Rocket powered robot!
                              Pardon me but didn't the Doctor say he hates funny robots, not robots as a whole?
                              Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

As others have said it was a rather slow set up but then again I suppose the point was being driven home about how alone The Doctor is now that he hasn't a Companion to keep him grounded. That not having a Companion may have a lot to do with his change in attitude and looking at himself as the all=powerful=Oz. Let's face it, with the power and knowledge he possess as well as the last of your kind mindset, who wouldn't be tempted? 900 years is a long time....
                                Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

Working...
                                X