Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the seeder ships have enough juice to dial Earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the seeder ships have enough juice to dial Earth?

It would be interesting if they did. Then, even if the Tau'ri gained control of Destiny, they would start chasing the closest seeder, instead of setting a course to Earth.

Thoughts?
    sigpic

I'm guessing no as the seeder ships are going to be even older than the destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      I'm guessing no as the seeder ships are going to be even older than the destiny.
      Copy that. If 9-Chevron wormholes are as power-consumptive as the show would lead us to believe, then I honestly don't think the seeder ships would have any more success than the Destiny--even with their solar power.

The Destiny crew is going to need a way to balance the power flow correctly with the solar collectors. Otherwise, they will either not have enough power, or too much that the gate capacitors overload. Either way, with the way Young's speech went at the end of "Earth," I think the reality of the crew being stranded on the outer rim of the universe is starting to set in.
      sigpic

Comment

And won't these ships be as old and therefore in a similar shape to the Destiny?

Comment

Do the seeder ships even have a working stargate that is not being seeded?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Do the seeder ships even have a working stargate that is not being seeded?
            Yip, no active gates on seeders.
            sigpic

Comment

We know NOTHING about the Seeder Ships other than their function. We know nothing of their design, propulsion, equipment, NOTHING.

How the frak could Destiny catch 'em anyway?
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Too true. I think they are too far ahead to catch.. well the working ones at least.

Comment

i think they are pretty far ahead, that desert planet might not have been a desert planet when the gate was put there. i dont think we will get much information on the seeder ships at all EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                    We know NOTHING about the Seeder Ships other than their function. We know nothing of their design, propulsion, equipment, NOTHING.

Right. And a seeder might not even have a habitable interior to accomodate a living being.

As for catching up to one, the only way I can see that happening is if one breaks down, allowing Destiny to catch up to it, or one crash lands on a planet and the Destiny crew come across the wreck while exploring. Would be interesting, no?

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
                      And won't these ships be as old and therefore in a similar shape to the Destiny?
                      If not older. And they probably don't have gates on them either.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

it would be interesting to see 1 of the seeder ships in future seasons if the shows goes on long enough...one of the seeder ships could be damaged and adrift and sends out a distress call which the Destiny detect's and plots a course to investigate...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                          it would be interesting to see 1 of the seeder ships in future seasons if the shows goes on long enough...one of the seeder ships could be damaged and adrift and sends out a distress call which the Destiny detect's and plots a course to investigate...
                          Indeed. I imagine this'd be a pretty obvious but also interesting story line. I don't think it'd send out a distress call though. It's an automated ship, and presumably should be a long, long way from Destiny.
                          Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I think at some point in the show we will see a seeder ship, but probably not just yet. It would make sense if there are stargates on them just like Destiny, if they needed repairs or needed to be taken off auto pilot the Ancients would have to that some how. They put everything that they would need on Destiny, even though they never went there, why wouldn't it be the same for the seeders?

The seeder ships will be a good place to find spare parts and other resources for Destiny, that is the likeliest outcome if the Destiny does encounter one.
                            Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Exactly. That's why it's so fun to speculate about them.

Destiny's database should have some info on them, though.

*insert sci-fi explanation*

That's how
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X