McKay's Citrus Allergy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    I hate how they down played Rodney's allergy to citrus.

It seemed to me that the writers almost wanted you to believe that Rodney is full of crap and just trying to get attention. Just one more way to make Rodney out to be a drama queen even more so than usual and or to be the "Comic Relief".

Just took at the Pegasus Project.
    Lighten up. It was funny, okay?

Comment

Have ANY of YOUR friends or family made fun of your allergy or called you a liar or hinted that you are being melodramatic because..oh you don't wanna die?
      Yeah, actually, I will bet some have. My father and family always thought this about my peanut allergy .... ....

Maybe they were trying to hint at the audience's stupidity . "Never underestimate your audience".. but many people in the audience assume things such as his allergy being a joke !

Yeah, my mother never checks things or she says she does but doesn't ... I never trust anything !!! Evil toothpaste !!!!
      Is nowhere near as arrogant tor whinny as some other characters ... eg Kavanaugh ! I can't be bothered tolearn his name properly.... !

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Thats a unfair comparrassion unless we are arrogant and whinny like McKay. He breeds his own hostility
        So you are saying that just because Rodney complains, and is arrogant and is melodramatic that he dosen't deserve to be taken seriously about his allergy?

Like I said before if it was John that had the allergy everyone would just say "OK" and they would break their neck to make sure that he'd be okay.
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

So you are saying that just because Rodney complains, and is arrogant and is melodramatic that he dosen't deserve to be taken seriously about his allergy?
          Yes
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I hate how they down played Rodney's allergy to citrus.

It seemed to me that the writers almost wanted you to believe that Rodney is full of crap and just trying to get attention. Just one more way to make Rodney out to be a drama queen even more so than usual and or to be the "Comic Relief".

Just took at the Pegasus Project.
            See what I mean....

I bet if anyone OTHER than Rodney said he had an allergy to ANYTHING, EVERYONE would be so careful and considerate of their needs.

What does Rodney get? His friend gives out the one thing that Rodney IS allergic to as a lame joke! with a dash of derision and doubt..
            Like I said before if it was John that had the allergy everyone would just say "OK" and they would break their neck to make sure that he'd be okay.
            I agree with everything you've said here! I was soooo hoping for an episode where he has an allergic reaction just put everyone in their place.

Maybe if there was a female writer for the show Rodney would have gotten some sympathy and understanding from his friends and colleagues instead of jokes at his expense. I can't tell you how much I hated Mitchell for that lemon threat!

It was pointed out to me by a friend that all the SGA writers are guys, something I hadn't realized before.

Coincidentally, David Hewlett is allergic to pineapples.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Yes

Comment

You get as much respect as you give out. Since McKay doesn't give much respect why should they respect him and his allergies. Now if they actually forced him to ingest citrus that would be different
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

mc kay is my fave character and i don't think this Allergy is that strange since kids these days are allergic to all kinds of things. i would hate to have this allergy i love Citrus like condence milk slice witch has limen juice in it.i am lucky i am only allergic to penacilan.
                  sigpic

Comment

*laughs*

Seriously??

I..I....just because Rodney is a jerk or is rude dosen't diminish the fact that that he has a serious allergy.

"Well this guy is an A-hole so he dosen't deserve to be listened to" or "Well this guy is sooo nice I believe he REALLY *is* allergic to peas, so let's just take him at his word" *eyeroll* that is utter Horse- Hockey.

In life there is no nice guy/A-hole when it comes to injuries or medical conditions..You have an allergy and people believe you. *period* And if they don't.. then *they* are the A-holes regardless of how much of an A-hole you are..

*laughs*

I can just see it...Rodney is in the mess hall and it is morning and someone trips over a chair leg and douses Rodney with the rest of their O.J and Rodney breaks out in blisters and some of the juice goes in his mouth and his throat closes up and is slumped over and is slowly dying...but because he is a jerk.......no one has an epi-pen, cause they don't believe he has an allergy to citrus, just because he is a melodramatic, over the top whining, arrogant jerk........?

"Seriously?"

Comment

lol he did get a little nicer but i agree he is a whiner so they don't take it seriously
                      sigpic

Comment

I just think it's a pity.....*sticks bottom lip out in a pout*

Comment

i agree if it was me i would take him seriously definitely after he has saved my life alot like he has theres
                          sigpic

Comment

: I am allergic to citrus...

: That sucks...

: What is citrus?.....

: Can I kill it?.....

The End

Comment

You get as much respect as you give out. Since McKay doesn't give much respect why should they respect him and his allergies. Now if they actually forced him to ingest citrus that would be different
                              Hmm, not really buying that TBH.

Way back in the mists of time (i.e. when I was still at school) I used to know a guy who was violently (read: fatally) allergic to peanuts, even the most minute trace. Carried an epipen at all times in case of anaphylactic shock, had to eat from a short list of safe foods, the works. He was also a despicable, immeasurably unpleasant $%!£ - but that doesn't mean we didn't respect the fact that a foodstuff could kill him or wouldn't have helped him in an emergency. We didn't even treat his allergy as anything other than deadly serious, no matter how much of a [insert severe profanity or profanities of choice] he was. Believe me, if he and McKay were side by side, Rodney would be like a saint in comparison.

Now, I appreciate that boarding school and Pegasus are very different locations with very different populations. One is an incredibly hostile environment filled with antagonistic personalities, hardships and misery, the other's the Pegasus galaxy..

*laughs*

Seriously??

I..I....just because Rodney is a jerk or is rude dosen't diminish the fact that that he has a serious allergy.

"Well this guy is an A-hole so he dosen't deserve to be listened to" or "Well this guy is sooo nice I believe he REALLY *is* allergic to peas, so let's just take him at his word" *eyeroll* that is utter Horse- Hockey.

In life there is no nice guy/A-hole when it comes to injuries or medical conditions..You have an allergy and people believe you. *period* And if they don't.. then *they* are the A-holes regardless of how much of an A-hole you are..

*laughs*

I can just see it...Rodney is in the mess hall and it is morning and someone trips over a chair leg and douses Rodney with the rest of their O.J and Rodney breaks out in blisters and some of the juice goes in his mouth and his throat closes up and is slumped over and is slowly dying...but because he is a jerk.......no one has an epi-pen, cause they don't believe he has an allergy to citrus, just because he is a melodramatic, over the top whining, arrogant jerk........?

"Seriously?"
                              Agreed. I can only think that the writers were intending McKay's allergy to be something blown vastly out of proportion, and the other characters are all too aware of this. If it was a real and severe allergy, I can't imagine anybody would treat it the way it is treated in SGA. Okay, it isn't real life, but still...
                              Last edited by Sealurk; 19 November 2009, 01:55 AM.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

i think mc kay annoys them alot hto
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X