Fox Cancels Dollhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox Cancels Dollhouse

Fox has canceled Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The sci-fi series, which stars Eliza Dushku, is currently filming its 11th episode and is expected to finish its 13-episode order.

Though Dollhouse saw a ratings bump from DVR viewing after a grim performance in the fall, Fox pulled the cult favorite from its November-sweeps schedule after four episodes.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dollhous...d-1011926.aspx

It's not like we didn't see this coming, but I'm sad anyway. It's not very often that a good sci fi show comes along, and it's always such a shame when it's canceled.
    sigpic

Comment

Not a shock by any stretch of the imagination. Still a little sad though =/
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Dollhouse a cult favorite? Really?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm starting to think that all shows that I like are either canceled, or I'm losing interest in them.

Dollhouse - Canceled
          TSCC - Canceled
          Smallville - Lost interest
          Sanctuary - Starting to lose interest
          Chuck - I don't think it'll last longer than season 3
          Battlestar Galactica - Canceled/completed it's run
          Heroes - It may or may not get a fifth season, but I'm starting to lose interest in that one too.

At least I got Caprica to look forward to. And there's more Doctor Who specials coming up, and there's also going to be a new season of Torchwood, so that's good. But except for V and SGU I don't have a lot of shows to look forward to any more.
          Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 11 November 2009, 12:57 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Watch the Clone Wars CGI series. It's pretty awesome.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm not really a big Star Wars fan. Here comes the hate!
              sigpic

Comment

Star Wars always seemed more fantasy then science fiction.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

*explodes with rage*

Comment

Heroes is not going to get canceled. It's ratings may not be very good but it's still NBC's highest rated scripted show. Plus they canceled a bunch of their other hour shows so they don't have much to fill the slots.

Also, there's V and if you can't find anything good on TV, then go play Mass Effect, Modern Warfare 2, or Dragon Age.

Comment

Mass Effect is second to Deus Ex. Always

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                        Heroes is not going to get canceled. It's ratings may not be very good but it's still NBC's highest rated scripted show. Plus they canceled a bunch of their other hour shows so they don't have much to fill the slots.

Also, there's V and if you can't find anything good on TV, then go play Mass Effect, Modern Warfare 2, or Dragon Age.
                        Yeah, but it's also a problem if I lose interest in Heroes, like I did with Smallville.

I'm not a gamer. *gasp* I haven't even played a computer/video game in several months. *double gasp*
                        *sits back and waits for the hate*
                        Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 11 November 2009, 01:34 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I haven't watched a single episode of Dollhouse this season (it is airing, right?). I can't remember being home on a Friday night to see it and haven't bothered to find it afterward.

Comment

Summer Glau strikes again!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                              Summer Glau strikes again!
                              if the next she stars in or has a multi episode arc gets cancelled, she's will even be known as the black widow of TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X