No announcement yet.

Fox Cancels Dollhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity how many times has Skiffy actually "saved" a show? I know they did it for Stargate, but have they done it before? Or since? It seems like every time a genre show dies someone says, "Skiffy should pick it up" but how likely is that, really? Especially in Dollhouse's case, where the ratings were always scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Comment

After seeing The Attic episode, Fox just pisses me off more. What are they going to do next? Cancel Fringe? Then become the top network that kills sci-fi shows before they should?

Well I'm almost done watching Angel on DVD. Got Buffy the Vampire Slayer Chosen Collection for Christmas so will be working on that next. Can get my geeky Joss fix somehow!
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
        After seeing The Attic episode, Fox just pisses me off more. What are they going to do next? Cancel Fringe?
        Except Fringe is a hugely popular hit with fat ratings and lots of fans, while Dollhouse fans... could probably be described as a fringe.

I can't really blame FOX for killing Dollhouse and while I'll miss it (mostly because of Enver) I can't help looking at the recent eps and thinking, "where was this level of awesome in the beginning of the season? Or the beginning of LAST season when it would have counted?" Fox meddled, yes, but it still took time for things to pick up.

Comment

are they finished with airing in the us? will there be any conclusion? or whats the news now? have the first season on dvd, shame what fox does to whedon. after episode six or smth its really getting awesome especially the
          Spoiler:
          future episode!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            are they finished with airing in the us? will there be any conclusion? or whats the news now? have the first season on dvd, shame what fox does to whedon. after episode six or smth its really getting awesome especially the
            Spoiler:
            future episode!
            ?
            The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
              ?
              ??
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                ??
                What future episode?

An earlier post made a comment about a 'future episode' that was in spoiler tags.

Comment

Epitaph 1, the DVD-only sooper seekrit ep. Although technically I think it's on itunes and similar places, too. Although spoiler tagging "future episode" is a bit random, IMO. I'm also not sure that E-1 counts as spoilerific anyway. I think all of last season should be untagged by this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Epitaph 1, the DVD-only sooper seekrit ep. Although technically I think it's on itunes and similar places, too. Although spoiler tagging "future episode" is a bit random, IMO. I'm also not sure that E-1 counts as spoilerific anyway. I think all of last season should be untagged by this point.
                    So an unaired episode?

Comment

Yes, and the series finale will be the follow-up, Epitath 2: The Return.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                        If it wasn't for Fox, Joss Whedon wouldn't even have a career. I don't know if anyone knows this but all of Whedon's shows were produced by Fox. Even Buffy and Angel were produced by Fox.

People need to understand that this is business. Complaining about Fox canceling a low rated show while creating more reality shows is like complaining about how McDonald's sells Big Macs instead of artichokes.
                        Claps. I mean imagining a show should have to get ratings, well the very idea.

Don't they realise he's Joss Whedon? They should be happy that he graces them with his presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Unhallowed View Post
                          It was only a matter of time. I wonder if Fox will actually admit that they made a major screw up in keeping Dollhouse running and cancelling TSCC. I doubt it but i'd laugh if they did, the entire network is run by a bunch of money-grabbing <snip> yuppies that don't have a single clue what they're doing.
                          Why?

1) Dollhouse beat TSCC most nights they were together.

2) TSCC was MORE expensive to make.

3) FOX get to keep all the money from DH DVD sales, they don't get anything from TSCC.

4) FOX got TSCC at a discount as advertising for the new Terminator film, the discount wouldn't have been there for the season just gone.

Seems like the smart move to keep the cheaper better performing show.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            We just had the fourth episode of season one on in Belgium today, in fact, it was on till 2 hours ago.

I like Dollhouse... And Eliza.

Bummer another Joss serie gets axed, and another Eliza show.
                            The show was never going to be a hit, it was a bad idea. I love Eliza, but she should have run away screaming, America
                            was never going to enjoy a show such as DH.

Comment

Working...
                            X