No announcement yet.

Greer the mutineer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Greer a lot more than Telford. Here's why.

Hypothetical situation:

We're under attack by the Jaffa.

If I'm fighting beside Greer:
    Greer has my back and goes down with his M4 blazzing taking a staff blast after sending a whole platoon of Serpent Guards to meet their maker.

If I'm fighting beside Telford:
    I hold off Aphophis' personal guard from capturing the secret Tok'Ra base single handedly as Telford makes a run for the gate so that he can escape the battle and have sex with my wife. I would turn and shoot him with my P90 but I'm too busy fighting some slimy, scum sucking, overdressed, boombox voice, sneak head.

I consider my options on who is REALLY my enemy and turn the gun on Telford.

Unfortunately I take one in the back (It isn't as if I wasn't about to get the same from Telford shagging my wife.)

I live just long enough to see that with the the First Prime no longer wasting his time fighting me, he shoots Telford in the ass with his staff weapon.

Aphophis inspects Telford's body, and then issues orders to the Jaffa.

"Take him to the ship, you shall be the vessel for my new queen"

A smile crosses my face as I take my last few breaths, my last words:
    "Shall Keck Nimron"

I then find myself at Denny's eating waffles with Oma Desala and some real big fat guy.
    Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      I don't actually think Telford solely locked Greer up because of whatever incident happened between the two on Icarus.

I tend to think that Telford knew that Greer was the most likely to step in and disconnect the stones to bring back Young. Locking him up kept Greer out of the way and removed a risk to the mission from Telford's perspective - and it's clear from Scott and Greer's conversation that Greer would have done it.
      That may be true, but I would assume (not military) that Telford wouldn't have the authority to lock Greer up on a "what if" (especially a "what if" when there wasn't a prior direct threat) so I don't know that that could be a justification. Could anyone who has military experience clarify?

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Indeed, at no point on screen has Greer lost his temper. Everyone labels him as a hot head yet he always remaisn very calm. He is good however at using violence, but he remains cold and detached and he always uses the violence with an objective in mind.
      Agreed, which IM(ignorant)O may point out to his experience, which seems is much deeper than Scott or TJ's.

If Telford ever tried to take over Destiny again I have a feeling he will have a mutiny on his hands. He has no regard for the people on the ship. I mean, why would he, since he can easily cut his connection, tuck tail and run at the first sign of trouble. He doesn't have to live with the consequences of his actions while controlling Young's body. So why should the Destiny crew have any trust in him? Greer realizes that. Not to mention he couldn't stand the guy to begin with.

I want to know what Telford did to make Greer attack him. They keep saying he had it coming, which I fully believe given the way he has acted so far. He has no business being in command.
      I agree with this as well. I usually hate hating characters we're supposed to hate (I mean, I like Rush, and can't stand Young); however, Telford sounds just like a bitter spoiled child who had to give up the last piece of pie to his/her sibling. Telford is jealous of Young because he wanted the command of the expedition, but he's not willing to risk his life (the way that all aboard the Destiny HAS to) by acting as an actual commander. To be honest, I'm surprised that he was ordered to evacuate if things went wrong. I can believe that the scientists were told to do so, but I would think if Telford was actually taking command of Destiny, by taking command he'd have to become a permanent commander, until relieved of the responsibility.

Comment

Working...
      X