Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Atlantis's ZPM help send supplies to SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are told Destiny is about a billion light yr from Milkyway.
    We saw the star chart it travel a long way from milkyway and Pegasus.

If the ancient ship need millions yr to reach milkyway from Midway at 0.999 light speed. (SGA episode "Return")
    Atlantis ZPM open wormhole is about 2 to 4 millions light away.

In the last episode Atlantis has about 3 ZPM, they used up a lot of power in the last battle.

So still a lot of power left in the ZPM.

What if Dr Rush can access the Destiny 's main computer and give Earth a co-ordinate of a planet they are pass through in a few month.

Earth can arrange an to send new re-ienforment , people, supplies, or may be advance puddle jumper with hyperdrive.

It will probably use a much power 500 to 1000 time the power use from Pegasus to Earth worm hole.So they can't afford to send another supply run.
    Consider Col Caldwell use to have long distance phonecall using Atlantis ZPM.So may be using ZPM to help SGU is possible.

No. The energy requirments are too high
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Why do the IOA even care about the destiny - older Ancient ship, and they have a freaking more advanced Ancient city with the database intact. I guess the upcoming SGA movie might shed some light on this if they end up doing it

Comment

NO.

Atlantis cannot help in any possible way. Or at least no possible way yet...

Comment

Atlantis was never designed for anything remotely like the Destiny. It doesnt have the sustainability, the survivability or the resources to mount that kind of expedition. We get the impression that it severly drains ZPMs just to travel between local galaxies in hyperspace with a shield up (I know they were in a battle, but still, they had 1 ZPM and it drained 40% from "adrift in space" to "crash landing on new water world". That's a fair indication that the Ancient AA batteries do not endure very well under any circumstances.

Comment

time to revive project arcturus....again...again

Comment

did they say how the destiny is powered? anyone remember or is it still unknown

it recharges using the sun but where is the energy stored, anyone ever hear of a zpm being recharged?

i would appreciate any answers anyone might have

Comment

Erm... nope.

Even if it was possible, which is likely isn't, why would they take the ZPM out of Atlantis - which is still presumably in San Fransisco Bay - to Destiny to save 80 people?

Seriously, Atlantis is in San Fransisco bay. There looks to be a war with the Lucian Alliance and we don't know if any other Wraith vessels know how to get to Earth. Simply put, they wont risk the lives of an entire planet on the off chance that they may be able to save 80 poor souls.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

NO ZPM.
                  NOT ENNOUGH.

This is the only thing im hearing from 99% of the people here. Has it been made clear in any ep. that 3 ZPMs isn't enough?
                  Guys face it. This is a new show. All the things that where in previous shows SGA/SG1 has just disappeared for convenient story telling sake.
                  There is no proof that the Naquidah planet was even needed because they had been dialing the wrong code all along. There is no coefficient to power needed. Eg. to travel X you need Y amount of power. The writers come up with stuff when they need. This is not Star Trek.

If you nit pick SGU there are tons and tons of things that do not make sense at all.
                  One that find very interesting: What powers all these SGU gates. There is no DHD?
                  At the moment SGU is just a messy show. Which doesn't follow much of the 'lore' of previous shows.

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                    The writers come up with stuff when they need. This is not Star Trek.
                    Where the writers magicked up the stuff that they needed, all the time?

At the moment SGU is just a messy show. Which doesn't follow much of the 'lore' of previous shows.
                    That's because there was no 'lore' set up in the previous shows that had anything to do with being stranded, billions of light years from Earth on a decaying ship.

Also, the power needed to dial the 9th chevron is actually backed up by previous Stargate lore. To dial 8 chevron's they had to have a ZPM, or Jack MacGyvered power source... so it only stands to reason you'd need much more power to dial an additional chevron.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

This thread title hurts.

How in the name of all that is holy could Atlantis send supplies to SGU? The TV show? The name of which, in full, is not going to be explicitly stated, just like SG1 and SGA?
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I think a ZPM would be about as helpful as plugging in a can Redbull to the power grid. Just not near enough energy.

Comment

I don't understand why they don't just interfere with the transmission of data with the ancient communication stones in order to send information, or first send a scientist who builds an asgard teleporter, then send themselves over the transmission, like in SG1's Entity? I mean.. it's so simple..

Comment

issnt there presumably still an ori supergate that's pulling energy from a black hole?

do the gate jump trick and ur away

Comment

Originally posted by thedrumm3rguy View Post
                              issnt there presumably still an ori supergate that's pulling energy from a black hole?

do the gate jump trick and ur away
                              The super gate is still there. But don't count on it being used.
                              Don't count ZPM's, Asguard core (knowledge) or anything else to help them.
                              Spoiler:
                              They will bring in Daniel at one point

However they will need to get help from outside. Because they can't life on those protein packs forever. I doubt the ship can replicate food and water.

@Deevil
                              No it does not stand to reason to dial an extra chevron would require more power. Because the 9th chevron is the code. It is not a distance. As we know it the 8th is used to dial-another galaxy. So what you are saying if there is a galaxy farther away than Pegasus it would still require the same amount of power. If what you say is true that cannot be the case. Also we do not know if the 8th is acutally used to dial intergalactic. It could be used to only dial to Atlantis <== ==> Earth. All im saying is that we can assume all we want but not everything has been taught up yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X