• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving (411)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON FOUR
    THANKSGIVING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 411

Peter and Nathan confront their mother about their discovery, while Noah brings an old friend to the family Thanksgiving. Lydia, one of Samuel's followers, asks for Hiro's help to learn the truth about Joseph's death.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:20 PM.

First

Glad to see no one cares enough to even mention Lyle.
    sigpic

Comment

i rather liked this episode...a few complaints though..

messing with Hiro's mind, erasing memories or whatever the hell he did..this has already happened to Hiro before and it was pretty pointless the first time...atleast let someuseful come from this same tired plot this time...for a min there, i thought we were going to see a much darker Hiro, which i would actually welcome at this point...the character really needs a change...

also, they really need to find a way to restore Peter's original empathic ability...ever since they neutered him there's been nobody equal to balance the power against Sylar...

beside these small complaints, i thought the episode was pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
        First

Wow, that never even occurred to me. You are totally right.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't peter take abilities from others?

What ability would he get from Sylar? One? His original? The one he's currently using? All of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
            First

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Wow, that never even occurred to me. You are totally right.
            Originally posted by beafly View Post
            Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't peter take abilities from others?

What ability would he get from Sylar? One? His original? The one he's currently using? All of them?
            I fear these questions will lead us down an all to familiar path of plot holes, inconsistencies, and headaches.

But anyways, Lyle never existed... lets look at it that way.

Comment

Ok guys, I rewatched the episode. They did mention Lyle.

Benet said he was busy at school, and he couldn't get away.

Comment

well last time he got only his shapeshifting ability
                and later he got only his flying when he was Nathan
                so I guess he can only take one

I wonder what will happen if Peter goes back in time and takes his original ability from his old self

Comment

i'm not even sure how Peter is able to selectively take 1 ability from someone like Sylar...i guess you could say he takes the power that the person currently has active but, Sylar didn't have the shapeshifting ability active when he took it...in any case, all Peter has to do is take Sylar's Empathic mimicry and he should instantly have every other ability Sylar has...but, the show does have a knack for avoiding the obvious (claire's blood and nathan)...i'm still hoping at some point, Peter's touch Empathic ability will eventually evolve into his original...

Comment

maybe peter doesnt know about sylars empathic ability since maybe he still believes he kills by slicing his victims heads

even if peter got his empathic ability from sylar and absorbed any other powers so would that mean if peter used his limited power replication would it overide the collected powers and start again at one at a time???
                    sigpic

Comment

I was most upset at Hiro. Just when he grows a pair, they cut them off with a mind wipe thing. Watch the guy with the dreds end up being the Hatian's (now Renee it seems) cousin.

The Nathan/Sylar thing didn't play out like I imagined. I hope they get this one right. Considering Adrian Pasdar is getting written out of the show I imagine he will eventually get "killed" for good.

I also reiterate the sentiments of others in that Peter needs his original power back. It just isn't the same without him being the anti-Sylar.

Oh, I also noticed that the "Slow Burn" product placement side series is now in line with the show proper.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                        messing with Hiro's mind, erasing memories or whatever the hell he did..this has already happened to Hiro before and it was pretty pointless the first time...atleast let someuseful come from this same tired plot this time...for a min there, i thought we were going to see a much darker Hiro, which i would actually welcome at this point...the character really needs a change.
                        I'd actually agree here. It'll be interesting to see where Hiro goes off too now, but we've already been here.

With his mind erased, he now has no memory of Charlie, no memory of Ando and his sister, nor does he have any memory of putting Mohinder in that hospital. Guess we wont be seeing him anytime soon...

Was nice though, to see the suprised look on Samuel's face. Obviously a person with such power, hasn't thought of all the possabilities.

also, they really need to find a way to restore Peter's original empathic ability...ever since they neutered him there's been nobody equal to balance the power against Sylar.
                        I'd also agree with this too. They dubbed him down because he was too powerful, yet I always thought Sylar was more powerful. If they dub down Peter, why not Sylar?

One at a time yeah, he can't use more than one at the moment though.

I guess Peter gets to choose. When him and Nathan were fighting Sylar that time, Peter managed to acquire the shapeshifting ability, didn't he?

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                        I wonder what will happen if Peter goes back in time and takes his original ability from his old self
                        A good idea that, shame it'll never happen.

all Peter has to do is take Sylar's Empathic mimicry and he should instantly have every other ability Sylar has...but, the show does have a knack for avoiding the obvious (claire's blood and nathan)...i'm still hoping at some point, Peter's touch Empathic ability will eventually evolve into his original...
                        If Peter ever does go and get his original power back, it'll be via other means than the obvious. You can guarentee it.

Was also nice to see the spin with Edgar, hopefully we'll see him team up with Noah or something in the future, to battle Samuel. Seems also, that those of us who predicted it was Samuel who killed his brother were right, and in addition, that Claire would seek out the circuis lot.

It'll also be interesting to see if Sylar (once fully returned) has any memory of that circuis.

Originally posted by MasonC2K View Post
                        Oh, I also noticed that the "Slow Burn" product placement side series is now in line with the show proper.
                        Uhhm... What?

I also see Noah getting it together with Lauren, explains her in that episode the other week. I think she'll be killed off though, leading Noah into some sort of revenge freak thing, I don't know.
                        Last edited by Aerilon; 24 November 2009, 09:41 AM.
                        sigpic
                        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by MasonC2K View Post
                          I was most upset at Hiro. Just when he grows a pair, they cut them off with a mind wipe thing. Watch the guy with the dreds end up being the Hatian's (now Renee it seems) cousin.
                          I don't think he wiped Hiro's mind. That may have been what Samuel told him to do, but judging by the look on Samuel's face, it didn't play out how he wanted. Maybe he placed some memories in Hiro.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Why is everyone so shocked at samuel killing Joseph when they are fine with him killing so many other people? I get that he meant a bit more to them, but they are used to him killing people by now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, with all the 'family' talk you wouldn't think he would kill his friggin BROTHER.

Anyway, Lyle WAS mentioned in the episode, says he was busy with school so he couldn't come. I guess the actor wasn't available.

And what was Hiro talking about when he warped away from the carnies? Something about saving someone?
                              Mia: Don't you hate that?
                              Vincent: Hate what?
                              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
                              X