Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were the Aschen inspired by the Visitors from V?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were the Aschen inspired by the Visitors from V?

Well, were they?
    And what other aliens where inspired by other shows, or story lines?

Or were the Aschen just an accidental coincidence and/or inspired by an earlier show/sci fi work.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Good question that I have no answer too...

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Well, were they?
      And what other aliens where inspired by other shows, or story lines?

Or were the Aschen just an accidental coincidence and/or inspired by an earlier show/sci fi work.
      Personally, I thought they were inspired by having an opposite to the Tollan. Like the Goa'uld/Tok'ra.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
        Personally, I thought they were inspired by having an opposite to the Tollan. Like the Goa'uld/Tok'ra.
        interesting. When I was watching the remake of V I thought about the Aschen and the Tollan at the same time. Maybe that pair was inspired by V.

Tollan-Survivers, Friendly, wouldn't give us as much as a new type of Battery.
        V-self claimed survivors, throws every tech at us but secretly wants to eat us.
        Aschen-milks us for everything, not survivors, doesn't want to eat us and throws all tech at us while sterilizes humanity.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

i don't know , " let's watch " LOL
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Here's the backstory to the Might and Magic computer game series that began in 1986 - An incredibly advanced race called the Ancients seeded the universe with life eons ago. They created a "Web of Worlds" using a network of "Celestial Gates" that connected all the worlds and allowed for instantaneous transportation between them.

During their expansion, the Ancients were attacked by a race called the Kreegans. The Ancients then mysteriously vanished and their worlds fell into barbarism. The Ancients were mostly forgotten and their existence became myth. The Kreegans remained active, conquering worlds by creating cults that worshiped them as gods to overthrow the ruling kingdoms. Several of the Might and Magic games centered around adventurers on quests to find still active Ancient artifacts, which are highly sought after for their power.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
              Here's the backstory to the Might and Magic computer game series that began in 1986 - An incredibly advanced race called the Ancients seeded the universe with life eons ago. They created a "Web of Worlds" using a network of "Celestial Gates" that connected all the worlds and allowed for instantaneous transportation between them.

During their expansion, the Ancients were attacked by a race called the Kreegans. The Ancients then mysteriously vanished and their worlds fell into barbarism. The Ancients were mostly forgotten and their existence became myth. The Kreegans remained active, conquering worlds by creating cults that worshiped them as gods to overthrow the ruling kingdoms. Several of the Might and Magic games centered around adventurers on quests to find still active Ancient artifacts, which are highly sought after for their power.
              Sounds vaguely familiar
              Meh.

Comment

The idea of aliens coming in peace but really bringing destruction is a classic Science fiction concept
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

You'd have to ask the writers & producers. However, I'm pretty certain that the concept of well-doers coming to a planet under the guise of peace and friendship with ulterior motives isn't a new one. Although I can't think of any examples at the moment.

One of the creators behind V the miniseries stated that the concept was based on Nazi Germany.
                  The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                    You'd have to ask the writers & producers. However, I'm pretty certain that the concept of well-doers coming to a planet under the guise of peace and friendship with ulterior motives isn't a new one. Although I can't think of any examples at the moment.

One of the creators behind V the miniseries stated that the concept was based on Nazi Germany.
                    Yes...I'd read this in more than one place...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post

this actually makes sense.
                      But who would the Jews be in V?
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

The human race...or anyone who stood in the way of the visitors...
                        sigpic

Comment

It wasn't a one-for-one inspiration. Rather it was the use of propaganda, the presence of the sympathizers/collaborators, the youth program, the indoctrination. When you look at it, the motives of the Nazi's and Visitors' are quite different.
                          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

"Aliens showing up on Earth with notions of peace, but with a hidden agenda"?

Good lord, that's as old as science fiction itself.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If one ship shows up and says its in peace, it's probably legit. It a fraking fleet shows up and says they come in peace, they're full of crap.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X