Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 episodes in, only 2 people left behing on a planet.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 episodes in, only 2 people left behing on a planet.....

or was it 3?

either way...... i'm hoping a couple of more people get left behind this season....

i think the people left behind could make for some interesting storylines down the road.... esp if they pop onto a planet that's inhabited and highly advanced...
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

And are taken captive by the aliens who gain information from them and then try to take control of the Destiny.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
      And are taken captive by the aliens who gain information from them and then try to take control of the Destiny.
      or perhaps know a great deal about the destiny, and the gate-seeders

or maybe are the civilization that attacked Apophis at the end of Exodus

Comment

*Possible spoiler for those of you who haven't watched past AIR, PART 3*

Spoiler:
        What's weird is that there are no planets with a condition similar to that of the original SG-1 Seasons or SGA...For the past ten weeks I've been watching the first two seasons of SG-1 again, and the atmosphere and temperature of the planets they've traveled to have been, for the most part, very similar to earth's. The atmosphere is fine. The temperature is warm and humid. But at the opposite end of the universe it's either too cold, too hot, the atmosphere's too poisonous...we have yet to meet a planet with livable conditions under a situation where they are just exploring. If Rush could maneuver Destiny into orbit of a livable planet and jump out of FTL, it would be a little more profitable, imo.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing those guys left behind again. The alien ship in air pt 3 detached as they were leaving that area. My guess is that it went back to get them for some purpose which is to be revealed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
            either way...... i'm hoping a couple of more people get left behind this season....
            Firstly, we're only four episodes in: Air 1/2/3, Fire (Darkness/Light), Water, and Earth.

Second, a part of me suspects that there is going to be some reset-button leaving behind in "Time," but that's just me.

Originally posted by Vampirearmy View Post
            Spoiler:
            What's weird is that there are no planets with a condition similar to that of the original SG-1 Seasons or SGA...For the past ten weeks I've been watching the first two seasons of SG-1 again, and the atmosphere and temperature of the planets they've traveled to have been, for the most part, very similar to earth's. The atmosphere is fine. The temperature is warm and humid. But at the opposite end of the universe it's either too cold, too hot, the atmosphere's too poisonous...we have yet to meet a planet with livable conditions under a situation where they are just exploring.
            That's because all the planets in SG-1 and Atlantis were terraformed by the Ancients and the Goa'uld. What you're seeing in Universe are planets in their natural, unmodified state.
            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
              Firstly, we're only four episodes in: Air 1/2/3, Fire (Darkness/Light), Water, and Earth.
              no, we're 7 episodes in:

Air 1
              Air 2
              Air 3
              Darkness
              Light
              Water
              Earth

Gateworld lists it as 7

the only argument against that you can make is that we're 6 episodes in whereby Air 1 and 2 are 1 episode because they aired as such, and Syfy.com is lumping them together, thus making 6

okay, moving on

That's because all the planets in SG-1 and Atlantis were terraformed by the Ancients and the Goa'uld. What you're seeing in Universe are planets in their natural, unmodified state.
              indeed

or, if they did not terraform any planets, they put the gates down in planets that were habitable....... these planets in SGU were "gate-seeded" by automation... which, by my estimation, meant equivalent temperatures and atmospheric composition as earth.....

and for all we know, these planets were perfect Earth duplicates when the gates were set, and could have changed over the millenia.........

Comment

But more importantly. No real suicide.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Oh, that makes sense. I'm not too clear on the science of the universe yet, but would this side of the universe they're on be newly formed, from the Big Bang or such? Time is relative, so there could have been a Big Bang when earth was in the present...

On-topic: I think most of the crew of Destiny would prefer to stay on it when it dies rather than chance a new planet. After all, if it is in the unmodified state, and 90 go to live there, the chances of surviving would be admittedly, rather slim. The people who left left in a very small amount of people- two, to be exact- not enough to start another civilization.

Icarus Base would be very mad if they left people behind, wouldn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Vampirearmy View Post
                    I'm not too clear on the science of the universe yet, but would this side of the universe they're on be newly formed, from the Big Bang or such? Time is relative, so there could have been a Big Bang when earth was in the present...
                    No, to all of it.

The Big bang was a single event that occurred roughly 13.6 billion years ago. The rate at which time progresses is relative, but this only plays a real role when two objects are traveling at a significant portion of the speed of light relative to one another, or when one of the objects is in an incredibly strong gravitational field.

You should note that the use of the communication stones shows that this effect does not occur between the Destiny and Earth while the Destiny is in FTL, nor, for that matter, while it is out of FTL. Also, the ability of the Destiny to dial planets with its Stargate shows that there is no significant time dilation between the Destiny and its surroundings while the Destiny is out of FTL. Since there is no significant time dilation between Destiny and Earth, and no significant time dilation between Destiny and its surroundings, this means that there is no significant time dilation between Earth and the Destiny's surroundings.

Also, there is another little quick of time dilation: it's a relative measurement. This means that, if you have two observes moving at near light-speed relative to one another, both will say that time is passing more slowly for the other. This seems like a contradiction but it is actually only a contradiction if they stop to compare measurements, which disrupts the symmetry of the problem.

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                    But more importantly. No real suicide.
                    This is because the suicide was supposed to happen by the sixth episode and, numbering conventions aside, we're only at the forth.
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."

Comment

This is because the suicide was supposed to happen by the sixth episode and, numbering conventions aside, we're only at the forth.
                      Thats what I thought to be a possibility. I don't know why tptb put my suicide thread in that other thread.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                        I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing those guys left behind again. The alien ship in air pt 3 detached as they were leaving that area. My guess is that it went back to get them for some purpose which is to be revealed.
                        Spoiler:
                        From looking up IMDB, at least in season 1, we won't be seeing those characters again, they were extras

Comment

Uhm what ?

Comment

numbering conventions?

uhm, i don't know how many times it takes to point this out to you, but we're not on episode 4.

IMDb verifies this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286039/episodes#season-1

Gateworld verifiesthis. http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1/index.shtml

Syfy.com confirms this. http://www.syfy.com/universe/episodes.php

Stargate.mgm.com confirms this. http://stargate.mgm.com/view/series/3/index.html

so, time to move on.

Earth is Episode 7.

now, if you're going to argue that Air 1, 2, 3 are 1 long episode, and Darkness and Light are 1 long episode - due to the continuing storylines in both, then we're still on episode 1, due to the continuing storyarc......

so, again, 7 episodes..... only 2 ppl lost from the ship.....
                            hmm....

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                              Uhm what ?
                              This was mentioned in "The First Commandment": the reason that so many planets that the SGC encounters are "Earth-like" in terms of vegetation, etc. is due to terraforming. Most planets do not naturally look like British Colombia.

numbering conventions?

uhm, i don't know how many times it takes to point this out to you, but we're not on episode 4.
                              Then where is the aforementioned suicide?

Seriously, though, I do see your point. Somewhat.

now, if you're going to argue that Air 1, 2, 3 are 1 long episode, and Darkness and Light are 1 long episode - due to the continuing storylines in both, then we're still on episode 1, due to the continuing storyarc......
                              Air 1/2/3 can be counted as three episodes because it is in three parts...or because "Air" is a three part episode, you can count it as one...they even gave it a single name: "Air." Not "Arrival," "Air," "Breath"; just "Air."

As for "Darkness" and "Light," they were originally written as a single script ("Fire") that had to be split up because it ran long. Are you really saying that Season 1 began as a 20 hour script, because otherwise your argument is a deliberate deception.

Comment

Working...
                              X