No announcement yet.

Monthly Farscape Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently, I am only buying and reading one comic book. And that is the Farscape one. Honestly, there is no way I can miss out on it, and am loving the ongoing series thus far. At least the show can live on in this form. It is better than nothing at all.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So, has anyone read Issue # 5 yet? What did you think of it? Personally, I thought it was really good.
      Spoiler:
      Having it focus on Pilot and his homeworld is really great, at least IMO.
      I can't wait to see how this storyline unfolds.
      sigpic
      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

No one has read #5 yet?
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Quick question about these comics. I have been buying the hardbacks via amazon.com as getting the individual comics would be a chore for me as I live a good distance from a store that carries these types of things. Anyone happen to know what the delay is like for a 4 comic series to be released in its hardback form? I have Dargo's Trial and Tangled Roots on order through amazon but the delivery date keeps getting pushed back and the release date has been past a good while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
            Quick question about these comics. I have been buying the hardbacks via amazon.com as getting the individual comics would be a chore for me as I live a good distance from a store that carries these types of things. Anyone happen to know what the delay is like for a 4 comic series to be released in its hardback form? I have Dargo's Trial and Tangled Roots on order through amazon but the delivery date keeps getting pushed back and the release date has been past a good while ago.
            It may have something to do with Amazon. I wouldn't really know.

According to TFAW, D'argo's Trial HC was released in March, and they have it up for immediate purchase (and not backorder or pre-order). But they also show D'argo's Quest HC as shipping at the end of April, but it is still only available by pre-order. Could be something to do with BOOM and their distributor.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Wow, things are definitely getting interesting with these. Anyone still following them?
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hey fifth man, I haven't been around much, but finally caught up with the ongoing series last night. I feel like they are really hitting their stride with the story telling. This would have made for a great season. I'd love to see an episode with all those Pilots running around. There was a great series of panels in issue 8 I think that I just loved, it showed 2 pages per person just sort of recapping their feelings. I know I've been critical of the artwork, but I loved that.

Loved seeing Graza again, I wonder if her kid will pop up in the coming issues?

They only thing I didn't like was how they just walked into getting trapped. I can't wait to find out who is behind the latest invasion.

Have you been getting the trade's at all, or just getting the monthlys?

Have you read the Scorpius series yet? I have them picked up, but haven't read any of them yet.

Comment

Also, is there any communities out there you have seen that talk more about this series? I checked Terra Firma, but I can't seem to make heads or tails on where to find things on that site.

Comment

Wow, I just read 0-4 of the Scorpius series as well. I love how they tie together. Mike Ruiz's art is great IMO, the change to a new artist in #4 was pretty stark, but it's actually OK too, it just took a minute to get used to.

As always, these things go pretty much too fast. I'd absolutely love for this and the ongoing series to be remade as an animated series.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                      Hey fifth man, I haven't been around much, but finally caught up with the ongoing series last night. I feel like they are really hitting their stride with the story telling. This would have made for a great season. I'd love to see an episode with all those Pilots running around. There was a great series of panels in issue 8 I think that I just loved, it showed 2 pages per person just sort of recapping their feelings. I know I've been critical of the artwork, but I loved that.

Loved seeing Graza again, I wonder if her kid will pop up in the coming issues?

They only thing I didn't like was how they just walked into getting trapped. I can't wait to find out who is behind the latest invasion.

Have you been getting the trade's at all, or just getting the monthlys?

Have you read the Scorpius series yet? I have them picked up, but haven't read any of them yet.
                      I have just been getting the monthly comics, since the very beginning. As for the Scorpius series, no, I haven't picked that up. Limited money I can spend, so I had to make a choice for now.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Also, is there any communities out there you have seen that talk more about this series? I checked Terra Firma, but I can't seem to make heads or tails on where to find things on that site.
                        Not really. Terra Firma was one I used to frequent quite a bit. What don't you like about it?
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I have just been getting the monthly comics, since the very beginning. As for the Scorpius series, no, I haven't picked that up. Limited money I can spend, so I had to make a choice for now.
                          I understand. Unfortunately, it's looking like the Scorpius series is very integral to the ongoing....(ie, now I know who the other race is). If at all possible, you're gonna want to pick it up. Really, these could have been parts of the main series, but I like having a different artist and darker style for his.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Not really. Terra Firma was one I used to frequent quite a bit. What don't you like about it?
                            The forum headings just seem all jumbled together with too many threads and too much focus on fan-fic. I couldn't easily find the comic threads (talking about the issues themselves). I'll take another look, nothing against the people there.

Comment

I understand. Unfortunately, it's looking like the Scorpius series is very integral to the ongoing....(ie, now I know who the other race is). If at all possible, you're gonna want to pick it up. Really, these could have been parts of the main series, but I like having a different artist and darker style for his.
                              At some point, I am sure I will pick them up.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I really liked the latest issue. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X