Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Monthly Farscape Comics

I have not yet read any of the Farscape comics. I've been reluctant to pick them up as I've never been big on reading fan fictions or novels based on a series (like those released for Stargate). I remember giving them a try and reading a sample from one of the first releases and I couldn't get into it at all. I kept trying to picture how it would be like in live action. For me, some things are meant to be on TV as a live series and reading a comic is just not the same. I really love the show but do not feel drawn to these at all. I have my fingers crossed for the webisodes though!

Just out of curiosity how are people finding them? Are they a good read? Do the comics pick up after the events in PKW or are they different storylines?

The ones I've read had good story (the first bunch picks up right after PKW), but, IMHO, the art could have been much better. (I've been spoiled by stuff made by the likes of Chris Moeller)

I think the comics do a decent enough job of continuing the story (still NOT a REAL substitute for more live action stuff, of course), since I think the creators/writers involved are the same folks behind the series.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

The comics are considered canon - part of the Farscape series. Anything that is done in the future will take these comics into consideration just like they were episodes of the show.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

The new D'argo issue comes out today. I'm getting it, but I think it may be my last and I'll stick to the ongoing regular only. It's a bit cost prohibitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_Watson View Post
    The new D'argo issue comes out today. I'm getting it, but I think it may be my last and I'll stick to the ongoing regular only. It's a bit cost prohibitive.
    That is the most important one IMO. You have to do what you have to do. Believe me, I totally understand.

"...phu...ah..."

Yeah, it's not that it'd be impossible to afford, I just have a bit of a collectors problem and need to stop that, I fear more series will come out and then I'll feel like I have to get them

Yeah, it's not that it'd be impossible to afford, I just have a bit of a collectors problem and need to stop that, I fear more series will come out and then I'll feel like I have to get them
    I totally get what you mean. Believe me, my friend. I have a similar issue.

"...phu...ah..."

10 Page preview for the new Farscape Scorpius series:

http://blog.boom-studios.net/2010/02...-page-preview/

Man I wish I had the bank for these. I like the reversal from the series going on here.

Thanks.

I'm still hoping they will bundle the ongoing in a tpb/HC. Course if I held out long enough they might do an omnibus. I dropped the couple of series (including Farscape) I was reading several months ago.
    IMO always implied.

I think that's the plan: each 'arc' is around 4 comics-long, which are then collected (I've only seen Hardcover, tho'). I think the same will be the case w/ the 'ongoing' series.

Currently, I am only buying and reading one comic book. And that is the Farscape one. Honestly, there is no way I can miss out on it, and am loving the ongoing series thus far. At least the show can live on in this form. It is better than nothing at all.

"...phu...ah..."

So, has anyone read Issue # 5 yet? What did you think of it? Personally, I thought it was really good.
    Spoiler:
    Having it focus on Pilot and his homeworld is really great, at least IMO.
    I can't wait to see how this storyline unfolds.

"...phu...ah..."

No one has read #5 yet?

"...phu...ah..."

Probie

Quick question about these comics. I have been buying the hardbacks via amazon.com as getting the individual comics would be a chore for me as I live a good distance from a store that carries these types of things. Anyone happen to know what the delay is like for a 4 comic series to be released in its hardback form? I have Dargo's Trial and Tangled Roots on order through amazon but the delivery date keeps getting pushed back and the release date has been past a good while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
    Quick question about these comics. I have been buying the hardbacks via amazon.com as getting the individual comics would be a chore for me as I live a good distance from a store that carries these types of things. Anyone happen to know what the delay is like for a 4 comic series to be released in its hardback form? I have Dargo's Trial and Tangled Roots on order through amazon but the delivery date keeps getting pushed back and the release date has been past a good while ago.
    It may have something to do with Amazon. I wouldn't really know.

According to TFAW, D'argo's Trial HC was released in March, and they have it up for immediate purchase (and not backorder or pre-order). But they also show D'argo's Quest HC as shipping at the end of April, but it is still only available by pre-order. Could be something to do with BOOM and their distributor.
    IMO always implied.

Wow, things are definitely getting interesting with these. Anyone still following them?

"...phu...ah..."

Hey fifth man, I haven't been around much, but finally caught up with the ongoing series last night. I feel like they are really hitting their stride with the story telling. This would have made for a great season. I'd love to see an episode with all those Pilots running around. There was a great series of panels in issue 8 I think that I just loved, it showed 2 pages per person just sort of recapping their feelings. I know I've been critical of the artwork, but I loved that.

Loved seeing Graza again, I wonder if her kid will pop up in the coming issues?

They only thing I didn't like was how they just walked into getting trapped. I can't wait to find out who is behind the latest invasion.

Have you been getting the trade's at all, or just getting the monthlys?

Have you read the Scorpius series yet? I have them picked up, but haven't read any of them yet.

Also, is there any communities out there you have seen that talk more about this series? I checked Terra Firma, but I can't seem to make heads or tails on where to find things on that site.

Wow, I just read 0-4 of the Scorpius series as well. I love how they tie together. Mike Ruiz's art is great IMO, the change to a new artist in #4 was pretty stark, but it's actually OK too, it just took a minute to get used to.

As always, these things go pretty much too fast. I'd absolutely love for this and the ongoing series to be remade as an animated series.

Hey fifth man, I haven't been around much, but finally caught up with the ongoing series last night. I feel like they are really hitting their stride with the story telling. This would have made for a great season. I'd love to see an episode with all those Pilots running around. There was a great series of panels in issue 8 I think that I just loved, it showed 2 pages per person just sort of recapping their feelings. I know I've been critical of the artwork, but I loved that.

Loved seeing Graza again, I wonder if her kid will pop up in the coming issues?

They only thing I didn't like was how they just walked into getting trapped. I can't wait to find out who is behind the latest invasion.

Have you been getting the trade's at all, or just getting the monthlys?

Have you read the Scorpius series yet? I have them picked up, but haven't read any of them yet.
    I have just been getting the monthly comics, since the very beginning. As for the Scorpius series, no, I haven't picked that up. Limited money I can spend, so I had to make a choice for now.

"...phu...ah..."