Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
    It isn't

i would very much like it if they focus on the scientists and engineers, who are more crucial to staying alive and possibly returning home than the military is at this point.
    they have to set up the main characters! It happens. Your entire "Offworld Team" hasn't even been fleshed out yet. Give it time. Just don't expect any mind numbing McKay style technobabble. Not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
      How is Universe any more military then SG-1 was?

Seriously, SG-1 was very Military heavy. SGA was to a lessor extent, and Universe has - in the grand scheme of things - a smaller Military presence.
      Actually... I'd kinda say it is. Simply because the military are being fleshed out more and written less as action heroes and more realistically.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        As far as I'm concerned, SGU is Sci-fi Drama, while SG1/SGA were Sci-Fi Action/Adventure.
        Wow. I've been trying for weeks now to put my finger on why I can't get into the series thus far.

You hit the nail on the head.

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          Actually... I'd kinda say it is. Simply because the military are being fleshed out more and written less as action heroes and more realistically.
          I think that's more about the realism added than anything, you could say it's more scientific too, but it's just a natural consequence rather than an intentional theme I think.

Comment

More like its a teen angst drama.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post

That is all.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Cant be bothered to post a funny picture.

*Facepalm*
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    As far as I'm concerned, SGU is Sci-fi Drama, while SG1/SGA were Sci-Fi Action/Adventure.
                    Nail on the head right there.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                      I was referring to this

"viewership crossover is taking a long time carrying over to the SGU forum."

I would say I could be seen as part of that crossover. While I did enjoy SG:1, I did not participate on the forum until SG:U
                      No, I meant the people who aren't fans of SGU but still stick around the SGU section out of... well I'm not sure why.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        No, I meant the people who aren't fans of SGU but still stick around the SGU section out of... well I'm not sure why.
                        You can watch the show and still not be a fan, but now a viewer instead. So, the fannish stuff of watching it over and over again is gone. But yes, people who despise a show, and simply come to any board to repeat over and over that it sucks, yes, that is trolling. HOwever, valid arguments on why they don't like a show are, well, valid.

Like some, I'm waiting for the science fiction aspect of the show to kick into play. Yes, we have the Destiny, but it's not terribly exciting (at least not to me) yet. Guess I got spoiled by Moya.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                          It's only offensive when it's not true.
                          You're not the one being called that so you can't say that. True or not, it isn't constructive.
                          Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Like some, I'm waiting for the science fiction aspect of the show to kick into play. Yes, we have the Destiny, but it's not terribly exciting (at least not to me) yet.
                          I agree that it becoming more exciting would be good. But I would argue that the science fiction aspect of the show is definitely in play already. Still, while it is entertaining to be, some additional excitement would not be misplaced.
                          Last edited by Eternal Density; 09 November 2009, 06:42 PM.
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                            You're not the one being called that so you can't say that. True or not, it isn't constructive.
                            You're right I was out of line.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                            X