"Stargate: Universe" is a U.S. Military Drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
    And both are all good but may tend to not always have the same set of viewers, or viewer interest.
    Which is all very well and good except that the viewership crossover is taking a long time carrying over to the SGU forum.

Originally posted by jwgrlrrajn View Post
    now the Stargate itself seems more like an afterthought.
    The what gate????
    [edit]Oh, you mean that spinning space door thing.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Meh, it's drama with a Stargate twist. I mean "Come on!!!!" -

Who wouldn't want to get their eyes on to anything with a Stargate twist.

Hey...that sounds like a great name for a drink...!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
        Which is all very well and good except that the viewership crossover is taking a long time carrying over to the SGU forum.
        Hey, I'm here
        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Hey, I'm here
          Hmm?
          My point that if Colonel Young was here and saw all the 'haters' in this fan forum, well you know what he'd say.
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Hmm?
            My point that if Colonel Young was here and saw all the 'haters' in this fan forum, well you know what he'd say.
            He'd call us, "the wrong people"!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
              He'd call us, "the wrong people"!

...in the wrong place
              If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)

Comment

Hmm?
                If you follow my post history you will realize a) I have not posted before SG:Universe and b) I like the show

Comment

If you follow my post history you will realize a) I have not posted before SG:Universe and b) I like the show
                  Um, what made you think I was referring to you? I mention ducks once and you think everything I say is about you?

Comment

Um, what made you think I was referring to you? I mention ducks once and you think everything I say is about you?
                    I was referring to this

"viewership crossover is taking a long time carrying over to the SGU forum."

I would say I could be seen as part of that crossover. While I did enjoy SG:1, I did not participate on the forum until SG:U

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Tomorian View Post
                      Why bother watching if the show is not science-fiction?
                      I'm sorry, but anyone saying that SGU isn't science-fiction is just plain wrong. It may not be the type of sci-fi that you expected to see, or what you're personally used to seeing, but that doesn't change the indisputable fact that it is sci-fi.

There is no argument that you can make against this. You'd sooner be able to claim that the sky isn't blue.

As long as there is a Stargate, and com stones, and energy weapons, and ships plunging into stars to refuel, SGU will continue to be sci-fi, from now until the end of time.

Comment

The sky was gray today outside, so I guess SGU isn't science fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                          I'm sorry, but anyone saying that SGU isn't science-fiction is just plain wrong. It may not be the type of sci-fi that you expected to see, or what you're personally used to seeing, but that doesn't change the indisputable fact that it is sci-fi.

There is no argument that you can make against this. You'd sooner be able to claim that the sky isn't blue.

As long as there is a Stargate, and com stones, and energy weapons, and ships plunging into stars to refuel, SGU will continue to be sci-fi, from now until the end of time.
                          Why this must sufrace in EVERY thread? Go, browse the forum, read... how much? around 1000 posts with agrumentation if it is sci-fi or not and please, stick to the topic.

I understand, that the discussion changes it's flow, but why always must it be the same, most over-done one?

Here, we discuss is this show a military drama or not. No, if it's a sci-fi. Is it so very hard to read the question and stick to the topic?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ttsec View Post
                            The sky was gray today outside, so I guess SGU isn't science fiction.
                            LOL. I said that you would sooner be able to argue that the sky isn't blue. Meaning that it would be easier to argue than the point that SGU isn't sci-fi.

Originally posted by Soledat View Post
                            Why this must sufrace in EVERY thread? Go, browse the forum, read... how much? around 1000 posts with agrumentation if it is sci-fi or not and please, stick to the topic.

I understand, that the discussion changes it's flow, but why always must it be the same, most over-done one?

Here, we discuss is this show a military drama or not. No, if it's a sci-fi. Is it so very hard to read the question and stick to the topic?
                            Ummmm. I quoted the very first post in this thread that launched the discussion in the first place. He brought up that SGU was a military drama and not sci-fi. I made a perfectly valid response based on the questions posed.

Maybe your complaint should have been against people who claim that SGU isn't sci-fi, because if people wouldn't make this wildly innacurate claim, there would be no further debate.

Comment

How is Universe any more military then SG-1 was?

Seriously, SG-1 was very Military heavy. SGA was to a lessor extent, and Universe has - in the grand scheme of things - a smaller Military presence.
                              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                                How is Universe any more military then SG-1 was?
                                It isn't.

Originally posted by Deevil
                                Seriously, SG-1 was very Military heavy. SGA was to a lessor extent, and Universe has - in the grand scheme of things - a smaller Military presence

It has a smaller military presence, but they focus a lot on the military characters. One would expect taht becasue they are on an Ancient space ship that is practically falling apart they would focus more on the scientists and engineers. And i don't mean just Rush. I think that in this situeation the scientists and engineers are more important than the military personell. The only thing they can help with is retrieving resources from planets, and didviding rations, although Wray could divide the rations as well.

Another big difference is the incompetence of the military and especially Young when dealing with anything relating to the Destiny. In SG-1 and SGA the scientists were respected and listened to. Young orders his people to turn on all sorts of things without consulting Rush. They had power problems and at the time they couldn't know that the Destiny could recharge itself.

So i would very much like it if they focus on the scientists and engineers, who are more crucial to staying alive and possibly returning home than the military is at this point.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X