This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why'd they kill Janet?

Just finished Heroes: Part 2, and was wondering why they killed off Janet. I always thought she was a strong character that brought alot to the show.

Originally posted by Stu View Post
    Just finished Heroes: Part 2, and was wondering why they killed off Janet. I always thought she was a strong character that brought alot to the show.
    They thought the show would end in Season 7 - "Lost City" was supposed to be the first DVD movie.

Comment

The producers thought the series would be ending with Season 7, and they wanted to have an episode with a lot of drama, and figured killing off one of the more or less main (though secondary), but very popular characters would be a good way to finish the series. Having done that, they then found out the series was being picked up for another season. I was very sad, since she was one of my favorite characters.

Comment

there thought it was the last season
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Because I bribed RCC to kill her off.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Aah ok, thanks guys. So why did they change the plan for the DVD movie, and continue on with Season 8?

Comment

I always thought she was a strong character that brought alot to the show.
              I'd say thats a reason to kill off a character. I loved her as much as the next person, she was one of the best secondary characters, but I think if the killing of characters is based solely on their popularity or availability of the actor, it becomes a little...contrived. Being killed in the battlefield has nothing to do with how nice a person you are*. The death of a popular character gives the show more realism and depth to me.

*(unless you are really unpopular...then someone's finger slipped!)
              I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

They needed to bring back the idea that important people can die. Bringing back Daniel made it seem like nothing bad could happen and sucked the sense of real danger to the characters out of the plots. When a character as well loved as Janet can die, it raised the stakes for all the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                  They needed to bring back the idea that important people can die. Bringing back Daniel made it seem like nothing bad could happen and sucked the sense of real danger to the characters out of the plots. When a character as well loved as Janet can die, it raised the stakes for all the characters.
                  Well Atlantis ****ed that up!
                  I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Well Atlantis ****ed that up!
                    Yes. Yes, it did.

Comment

Aah ok, thanks guys. So why did they change the plan for the DVD movie, and continue on with Season 8?
                      Because the series got renewed for an 8th season, and the DVD movie was put off till the series actually did end. And the DVD movie "Ark of Truth" followed up the ending of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Because the series got renewed for an 8th season, and the DVD movie was put off till the series actually did end. And the DVD movie "Ark of Truth" followed up the ending of the series.
                        Yeah, I realise that but I was asking what made TPTB renew the show for an 8th season, as everyone had assumed that the 7th was the final season, so what changed?

Comment

I wonder had Lost City been the first DVD movie what the differences between it and the show would have been. Also, what would have been SG-1's final episode, I can't imagine they would have ended with "Inauguration" a clip show.

Comment

Yeah, I realise that but I was asking what made TPTB renew the show for an 8th season, as everyone had assumed that the 7th was the final season, so what changed?
                            The network wanted another year, although. they had given indications they would not.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              The producers thought the series would be ending with Season 7, and they wanted to have an episode with a lot of drama, and figured killing off one of the more or less main (though secondary), but very popular characters would be a good way to finish the series. Having done that, they then found out the series was being picked up for another season. I was very sad, since she was one of my favorite characters.
                              I cried the whole day when Dr. Frasier was killed, I loved her character.

Mind you I cried when Daniel ascended also, and when Jacob died,

nowadays I'm crying at how much I don't like SGU.

I miss SG1 so very very much, thank goodness for my dvds
                              General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X