Oniell and the lemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oniell and the lemon

Say, did anyone else notice Oniell was playing around with a lemon? Was that an SGA throwback or am I just reading way too much into this? But seriously, of all the different types of fruits Oniell could be playing with why a lemon? It seems to me that the producers are trying to reach out to all those "Save Atlantis campaigners". I'm personally not one of those "save atlantis" people, but its nice to know the producers care about their core audience.

It could possibly be a subtle hint that McKay had nothing to do with the plan to bring em back to Earth. I mean McKay stays away from lemons and all...

Comment

it shows sheppard talked to him...

Comment

It shows O'neill likes lemos

It could be a little touch of the producers though. We only see that lemon on screen for a couple of seconds but they are spending hours with it in the scene during filming and preperation.

Comment

I think you're reaching.

I doubt the producers care what Atlantis fans feel, they don't seem to have so far. It could have even been a dig at the save Atlantis campaign in a more prickly way, after all part of the campaign involved sending plastic lemons to the producers etc. So maybe not so much reaching out as rubbing the juice in.

Comment

Maybe the situation was bitter like a lemon.
            4 easy steps how to make people hate you
            Spoiler:
            Ignore them
            Spoiler:
            talk bad about them behind their backs
            Spoiler:
            Use lots of spoiler tags
            Spoiler:
            Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chemp View Post
              Maybe the situation was bitter like a lemon.
              Or it's left a 'sour' taste in some peoples mouths.

Comment

Are we completely sure it's not a clementine or other related fruit?
                Last edited by TheLastSunset; 08 November 2009, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Please don't say that O'Neill just likes balls!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                  : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by encoder View Post
                    please don't say that o'neill just likes balls!

lol!! :d
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I noticed this but forgot to mention it. My impression was that it was supposed to be a hint that McKay was involved, similar to how Mitchell carried one around when McKay helped with their plan in The Pegasus Project.

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                        I doubt the producers care what Atlantis fans feel, they don't seem to have so far. It could have even been a dig at the save Atlantis campaign in a more prickly way, after all part of the campaign involved sending plastic lemons to the producers etc. So maybe not so much reaching out as rubbing the juice in.
                        Well, it seems like a pretty obvious dig. Your comments are falling into the classic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman false logic.

I would think the easiest explanation for him having a lemon is that McKay was in his office ranting 15 minutes before about what he needs to get Atlantis working. I think O'Neill likes McKay about as much as many of us do....fine in small doses, but best chased away with lemons after you get the information you need from him.

Comment

It was foreshadowing that the rescue plan would be a lemon!
                          http://www.instantrimshot.com/
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post

I would think the easiest explanation for him having a lemon is that McKay was in his office ranting 15 minutes before about what he needs to get Atlantis working. I think O'Neill likes McKay about as much as many of us do....fine in small doses, but best chased away with lemons after you get the information you need from him.
                            I could really believe that, Mckay could of been in the scene if Young wasn't late for the meeting!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I could really believe that, Mckay could of been in the scene if Young wasn't late for the meeting!
                              Maybe Young was tipped off by someone and arrived late for that exact reason I'm sure Jack would understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X