Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Second Lieutenant

Default So Rush is the smartest person on the ship?

If you see the part were young asks eli to analyze the data when they were dialing the stargate.... Eli said that he didn't understand Alot of it.

So does that make rush the smartest person on the ship?

Just wondering.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: So Rush is the smartest person on the ship?

yes second to eli

doesn't mean Eli is stupid. Eli is Math Boy, not statician or analyst.

Rush isn't nessecarily the smartest. but he most likely knows the most. so much, it becomes creepy. and that's why i'm happy they saved no money on the character's actor

Captain

Rush is more experienced than Eli. Remember, Eli solved the proof that Rush couldn't. When Eli gets his act together and applies himself to learn this math-stuff, he'll easily put Rush in his place.

Except when it comes to sneaky, two-faced, double-dealing, sheer backstabbery. Rush owns that

Chief Master Sergeant ARealArchaeologist's Avatar

I wonder if Eli is reluctant to come between Rush and Young. They both probably have designs on his development and he forsees having to choose one over the other someday?

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    Rush is more experienced than Eli. Remember, Eli solved the proof that Rush couldn't. When Eli gets his act together and applies himself to learn this math-stuff, he'll easily put Rush in his place.

Except when it comes to sneaky, two-faced, double-dealing, sheer backstabbery. Rush owns that
    Not everything is math...

Eli only knows math and that is it.

Look at SG1... Nothing they did included math. Only very few things like blowing the sun up and etc.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
    I wonder if Eli is reluctant to come between Rush and Young. They both probably have designs on his development and he forsees having to choose one over the other someday?
    No, that's much too intuitive for Eli to parse out logically. As has been shown, he is remarkably ill-developed emotionally for someone in his mid-20s.

He's having a blast on the ship and doesn't really get the fact that some people on there don't like other people on there.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    No, that's much too intuitive for Eli to parse out logically. As has been shown, he is remarkably ill-developed emotionally for someone in his mid-20s.

He's having a blast on the ship and doesn't really get the fact that some people on there don't like other people on there.

No, I get the impression he very much is being stuck between Young and Rush. I don't think he has the foresight yet to realize that it could come to a 'choice'. He's probably thinking, as I'm hoping, that it will just be an ongoing tension.
    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

- Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Quote Originally Posted by koroush47 View Post

Look at SG1... Nothing they did included math. Only very few things like blowing the sun up and etc.
    Lets not forget that he taught himself Ancient, and while not yet an expert that is very impressive.

IMO - If Eli had the same education and experience as Rush he would be smarter, but he'll slowly catch up in some ways.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

First Lieutenant Captain Obvious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spimman View Post
    Lets not forget that he taught himself Ancient, and while not yet an expert that is very impressive.
    lets not forget that rush invented the version of ancient that allowed eli to even basically grasp the language ( air part 1).

Rush seems to be the smartest, and maybe the most clever.

You can be as smart as a person can be.....but be a complete dumbarse out of the classroom.

Rush is obviously a very bright individual and knows how to put it to good use. Eli is still finding his feet but although he is very bright, it wouldn't be hard to outsmart him.

Captain

Not really... mathematics is the back bone of everything. SG-1 just chose not to emphasise it, because it would distract from the story. They're doing this in SGU too - they didn't go over the proof or the slingshot manoeuvre, they just said "hey look Eli completed it because he's math boy", very similar to SG-1 + Carter and SGA + McKay.

Rush seems very obviously the smartest guy trapped on the Destiny.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Colonel

Knowledge and intelligence are two different things. My impression is that Eli is more intelligent, though immature, but Rush is the one with the expertise, so when you need a problem solving, he's the one you turn to, for the moment...

First Lieutenant

Eli is a math boy,but Einstein wasn't every good with math, in fact i Einstein's fail math in school.

Rush is like Einstein ,they both need some mathboy to work for them.
    in the end the mathboy doesn't get the credit.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    Knowledge and intelligence are two different things. My impression is that Eli is more intelligent, though immature, but Rush is the one with the expertise, so when you need a problem solving, he's the one you turn to, for the moment...
    Rush and Experiance?

It was his first real project...

Quote Originally Posted by ckwongau View Post
    Eli is a math boy,but Einstein wasn't every good with math, in fact i Einstein's fail math in school.

Rush is like Einstein ,they both need some mathboy to work for them.
    in the end the mathboy doesn't get the credit.
    I still think that Rush is and always will be smarter than Eli.

Eli will just do the calculations and comic relief. That is what I see him as.

Rush is like the Sam or Rodney McKay... but evil.

Because keep in mind that all the ideas rush comes up with.. Eli only does as he is told, he never has ideas.

Just like in his real life were he just played video games all day long.

(What is the point of having Rush if Eli is going to be smarter than him in everything.. not just math?)

Colonel

Rush and Experiance?
    I said expertise not experience, he obviously knows more about Ancient technology than anyone else on the ship.

It was his first real project...
    I'm not calling you a liar, but when was that established?

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    I said expertise not experience, he obviously knows more about Ancient technology than anyone else on the ship.

I'm not calling you a liar, but when was that established?
    In the Wiki if you go read it says that his life started as him being poor and then he married his wife.

After his wife died he dedicated his life to science and was then stationed at Icarus base. (This is were I thought it was his first project, nothing is said about anything else.) And then after Icarus they end up on destiny.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_Rush

So as far as we know Icarus is his first project.

Oh and

Expertise: Expert advice or opinion.
    Expert: having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from experience.

Yes you did

Chief Master Sergeant

Well, "smartest" is sort of subjective.

It is like I said in a past thread, I am studying for an Associates in Applied Science in Engineering Technology; from what I know it wouldn't be super hard for me to use my basic knowledge of how electricity works to learn basic ancient electronics. No matter the technology, it all has to work on a basic on/off level. I could never learn to be an expert, nor to be a physicist or anything, but I could at least learn the basics.

Eli is much smarter than I could ever be when it comes to the math. I think Rush knows about as much as we can know about ancient systems. In the sense of the "smartest" it wouldn't surprise me if the cook that came through with them is capable of learning more about the systems than Rush is, but Rush is the one who knows the systems now.

So I think Rush is the one who knows the most, but I really doubt he is the smartest on the ship.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast