Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Rush is the smartest person on the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Rush is the smartest person on the ship?

If you see the part were young asks eli to analyze the data when they were dialing the stargate.... Eli said that he didn't understand Alot of it.

So does that make rush the smartest person on the ship?

Just wondering.

yes second to eli
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

doesn't mean Eli is stupid. Eli is Math Boy, not statician or analyst.

Rush isn't nessecarily the smartest. but he most likely knows the most. so much, it becomes creepy. and that's why i'm happy they saved no money on the character's actor

Comment

Rush is more experienced than Eli. Remember, Eli solved the proof that Rush couldn't. When Eli gets his act together and applies himself to learn this math-stuff, he'll easily put Rush in his place.

Except when it comes to sneaky, two-faced, double-dealing, sheer backstabbery. Rush owns that
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I wonder if Eli is reluctant to come between Rush and Young. They both probably have designs on his development and he forsees having to choose one over the other someday?

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
            Rush is more experienced than Eli. Remember, Eli solved the proof that Rush couldn't. When Eli gets his act together and applies himself to learn this math-stuff, he'll easily put Rush in his place.

Except when it comes to sneaky, two-faced, double-dealing, sheer backstabbery. Rush owns that
            Not everything is math...

Eli only knows math and that is it.

Look at SG1... Nothing they did included math. Only very few things like blowing the sun up and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
              I wonder if Eli is reluctant to come between Rush and Young. They both probably have designs on his development and he forsees having to choose one over the other someday?
              No, that's much too intuitive for Eli to parse out logically. As has been shown, he is remarkably ill-developed emotionally for someone in his mid-20s.

He's having a blast on the ship and doesn't really get the fact that some people on there don't like other people on there.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                No, that's much too intuitive for Eli to parse out logically. As has been shown, he is remarkably ill-developed emotionally for someone in his mid-20s.

He's having a blast on the ship and doesn't really get the fact that some people on there don't like other people on there.

No, I get the impression he very much is being stuck between Young and Rush. I don't think he has the foresight yet to realize that it could come to a 'choice'. He's probably thinking, as I'm hoping, that it will just be an ongoing tension.
                If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post

Look at SG1... Nothing they did included math. Only very few things like blowing the sun up and etc.
                  Lets not forget that he taught himself Ancient, and while not yet an expert that is very impressive.

IMO - If Eli had the same education and experience as Rush he would be smarter, but he'll slowly catch up in some ways.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    Lets not forget that he taught himself Ancient, and while not yet an expert that is very impressive.
                    lets not forget that rush invented the version of ancient that allowed eli to even basically grasp the language ( air part 1).

Comment

Rush seems to be the smartest, and maybe the most clever.

Comment

You can be as smart as a person can be.....but be a complete dumbarse out of the classroom.

Rush is obviously a very bright individual and knows how to put it to good use. Eli is still finding his feet but although he is very bright, it wouldn't be hard to outsmart him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post

Not really... mathematics is the back bone of everything. SG-1 just chose not to emphasise it, because it would distract from the story. They're doing this in SGU too - they didn't go over the proof or the slingshot manoeuvre, they just said "hey look Eli completed it because he's math boy", very similar to SG-1 + Carter and SGA + McKay.

Comment

Rush seems very obviously the smartest guy trapped on the Destiny.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Knowledge and intelligence are two different things. My impression is that Eli is more intelligent, though immature, but Rush is the one with the expertise, so when you need a problem solving, he's the one you turn to, for the moment...

Comment

Working...
                              X