Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So its not rape if somebody has sex with an unconscious person but uses protection?
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by nlcol View Post
      Spoiler:
      When the news about camiles body being used for sex came out everyone shouted rape
      No they didn't. You are lying.

telford could be gay for crying out loud why isnt anyone outraged
      I saw it with 5 people and they all laughed when that scene came on but then they were adult and know this is just some fantasy rubbish and not real.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard141 View Post
        Personally I don't like the constant sex in every episode. In 15 years of SG-1 and SGA there was never anything like this. You don't need to have it in a show for that show to survive.
        I second that, lately it just doesn't feel like the SG series that I grew up with. The days of battling strange aliens, stellar space battles, and exploring strange new worlds is being replaced with sex scenes, people gushing over relationships, etc. Science fiction should be about broadening your possibilities about things beyond your daily lives not whether that hot dude is hooking up with that girl or that that girl's ex is cheating on her with her best friends.

I dunno it just troubles me that the days of fighting strange aliens like the Wraith, the Borg are forever gone replaced by human looking cyclons and the Visitors.

Comment

Certain ones would call that progress.
          I'd agree if progress didn't imply betterment instead of engrossing depravity.

I've always yearned for a truely alien creature on the regular basis. I hope for something like or beyond species 8472. I sense that SGU is still afraid of a real story. Atlantis seemed to start of strong and then ...it submerged and never came up for air after season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAsgard View Post
            Science fiction should be about broadening your possibilities about things beyond your daily lives
            having sex in anothers body is beyond my daily life. how much broader do you want your possibilities?!?!?
            sigpic
            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
            -Liberty Prime

Comment

The day I consider having sex in someone elses body "broadening our daily lives" is the day I'm sure it would be considered without consent a form of rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                The day I consider having sex in someone elses body "broadening our daily lives" is the day I'm sure it would be considered without consent a form of rape.
                maybe so, its still broader than what you do now though.

broadening your possibilities about things beyond your daily lives
                thats what was asked for and they have it, a possibility has been posited and now we should be outraged apparently............... not so much of the broadening then i guess!!
                sigpic
                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  When the news about camiles body being used for sex came out everyone shouted rape
                  No they didn't. You are lying.
                  Well...the discussion certainly came up...
                  Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by licia
                  Ya think? Considering she's a woman who just got raped. And not just by Perry, I've seen the sides, Rush goes ahead despite the fact he knows its not Wray in her body
                  Originally posted by Cashmere
                  Is the rape by body-swapping a joke as well?
                  Originally posted by Prion
                  However, yes, the writers of SG thought Lucius Lavin was A-OK, and obviously had NO concept of 'date rape drugs', etc.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=68312

First reference to the word is, I think, page four. And it comes up intermittantly throughout the rest of the thread, I just couldn't be bothered quoting more folk, it's 25 pages long...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                    Assuming they used protection
                    And really, is there any reason for them not to have done so? None that I can see, and plenty of reason to have used it.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                      Unfortunately, there are still a lot of double standards between men and women when it comes to sex. For instance, a man sleeps around and its no big deal. Woman does it, and she's a slut.
                      Thankfully that perception is fading around these here parts. I applaud my girlie friends who get what they want, and generally get jealous too
                      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        So its not rape if somebody has sex with an unconscious person but uses protection?
                        I take what I can.

JOKING!!
                        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Working...
                        X