X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is no one showing any outrage

Spoiler:
    When the news about camiles body being used for sex came out everyone shouted rape and yet now telfords body has been used for sex no one shows any outrage at the fact that he was raped why their such a gap in society where we still believe only girls get raped or is it just that shes a lesbian? telford could be gay for crying out loud why isnt anyone outraged i read alot of angry posts about the camille thing and yet now not one seems like alot of ppl have double standards
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 07 November 2009, 09:12 AM. Reason: spoiler tags
    Bring back ford

Telford is getting his own revenge, I think. At the end when he went to see Young's wife, I think he is going to sleep with her while pretending to be Young.
    "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Several people have mentioned how much they disagreed with what Young did. It's all over the general discussion thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Kira View Post
        Telford is getting his own revenge, I think. At the end when he went to see Young's wife, I think he is going to sleep with her while pretending to be Young.
        Yep. That's pretty shallow if you ask me. I don't think its out of revenge either (I don't think its a big deal to use another guys body for sex like that; I wouldn't care, as long as its not some random chick like if Eli hooked up with that girl in the bar). He just wants some free poon. Hopefully Young's wife is smart enough to realize its not really Young. In which case he'd get in some big trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by nlcol View Post
          Spoiler:
          When the news about camiles body being used for sex came out everyone shouted rape and yet now telfords body has been used for sex no one shows any outrage at the fact that he was raped why their such a gap in society where we still believe only girls get raped or is it just that shes a lesbian? telford could be gay for crying out loud why isnt anyone outraged i read alot of angry posts about the camille thing and yet now not one seems like alot of ppl have double standards
          Because no one knew about it ahead of time. The only reasons there are so much outrage is because no one has seen the context and because it gives certain axe grinders a reason to scream about the show.

I personally hope the future wray/rush scene is tasteful, artistic and tender- just so people look more foolish than ever for crying about it.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 07 November 2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
            I don't think its a big deal to use another guys body for sex like that; I wouldn't care
            You don't care, really?

What if he got the girl pregnant with what would technically be your child? What about STDs? What if he chose to sleep with a man instead? What if he performed any acts using your body that could effect your health without even being aware of what he was doing to it?

Comment

While I suppose I do understand Young motivations, it was pretty outrageous.

I was like "Whaa?"
              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 07 November 2009, 02:01 AM.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Apparently its funny when its a guy but a horiffic violation when its a girl. There is no difference between this and Lucious. Im glad this happened to point out the sextist hypocracy of gender sexual attitudes.

And i still lol @ Lucious

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Telford is in a military. They are trained for all sorter situations. Right?
                  We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    Apparently its funny when its a guy but a horiffic violation when its a girl. There is no difference between this and Lucious. Im glad this happened to point out the sextist hypocracy of gender sexual attitudes.

And i still lol @ Lucious
                    Huh, whose Lucious?

Anyway, Lucius aside, I wasn't outraged
                    Spoiler:
                    at either the news of Camille's body swap later on
                    , nor of the whole Telford/Young/Emily dealie. Guess my morals are flimsy or non-existent...
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Spoiler:
                      looks like, He didn't mind it at all
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 07 November 2009, 09:14 AM.
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                        Yep. That's pretty shallow if you ask me. I don't think its out of revenge either (I don't think its a big deal to use another guys body for sex like that; I wouldn't care, as long as its not some random chick like if Eli hooked up with that girl in the bar). He just wants some free poon. Hopefully Young's wife is smart enough to realize its not really Young. In which case he'd get in some big trouble.
                        and what if Telford has been having an affair with Young's wife for some time???? Now that sounds more like a soap opera storyline, after all this is a soap opera we're talking about isn't it?
                        General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

a good scifi show is also a soap opera in some form. Ignoring the fact, people have feeling for each other, could have sex is very stupid
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            a good scifi show is also a soap opera in some form. Ignoring the fact, people have feeling for each other, could have sex is very stupid
                            Well IMO Star Trek, SG1 SGA were never soap operas, they were about adventures and science/technology to help in those adventures.

SGU is MOST DEFINITELY a SOAP OPERA!
                            General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by missmobius View Post
                              Well IMO Star Trek, SG1 SGA were never soap operas, they were about adventures and science/technology to help in those adventures.

SGU is MOST DEFINITELY a SOAP OPERA!
                              well, since I think ST and SGA are awful scifi shows, I don't care
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X