Please tell me somebody else noticed this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me somebody else noticed this

When Eli goes to see his mom and realizes he can't tell her the whole body swap via stone thing that is like the uber internet that reaches across the universe to space ship blah blah blah...he calls himself "Phillip Fry." In the tv cartoon series Futurama, Phillip J. Fry was the main character. Nice little reference right there.

I know I haven't been Eli's biggest fan but for the first time...I like his humor in this episode....I really did...
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Yep. Noticed.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boss View Post
          When Eli goes to see his mom and realizes he can't tell her the whole body swap via stone thing that is like the uber internet that reaches across the universe to space ship blah blah blah...he calls himself "Phillip Fry." In the tv cartoon series Futurama, Phillip J. Fry was the main character. Nice little reference right there.
          it was brought up in the earth thread. i don't watch the show so i didn't get the reference./

but i guess it's good
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes I noticed, Eli is full of sci-fi references.

Comment

Nice. And you should check out futurama, great television show.

Yeah Eli is good for references that is for sure. So far he is one of the most interesting characters on the show.

Comment

Noticed, loved it. Though I wish he included the "J" in between "Phillip" and "Fry". Go full out and all...
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I lol'd. Literally.
                  I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello.

Comment

Of course I noticed. I snickered a bit
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

yup it was definatly awesome

Comment

I noticed that too but i forgot that Fry's first name was Phillip, on the show they allways called him "Fry".

Comment

I got the reference, and I never watched futurerama all that much.

Comment

I agree but Eli my favorite character b/c of his humor!
                            sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

I'm an Eli Fanboy hehe. He's me... sept i'm skinnier and not as smart. :/

Comment

Working...
                              X