Eli = Friendzoned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
    I believe the female version is called "Just one of the guys".
    Or....she is a top bloke
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      Am I the only one who does not feel the least bit sorry for him....but I actually feel happy for him?
      Please explain...

@SupremeLegate
      Apogee Institute
      Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
        Please explain...
        Gladly
        I just think that there are a lot worse things that he can be in regards to her. Sure it hurts, but I have been here myself. It is better to be that, to be a friend, and to be cared for by the woman you have feelings for then to be hated, despised, or ignored.
        Furthermore, while it is clear that she is a very shallow character at times, her relationship with Eli indicates that she might still have depth. She is obviously interested in....other people...but yet still has time and attention to be friendly with Eli, not only friendly but very friendly. Which is something that most 'shallow' girls would not do...in my experience and in media. That they would toatally ignore the geeky guy for the much cooler boy friend dude. She has not done this. Its good on her, imo, though I know it also hurts.

Comment

Gladly
          I just think that there are a lot worse things that he can be in regards to her. Sure it hurts, but I have been here myself. It is better to be that, to be a friend, and to be cared for by the woman you have feelings for then to be hated, despised, or ignored.
          Furthermore, while it is clear that she is a very shallow character at times, her relationship with Eli indicates that she might still have depth. She is obviously interested in....other people...but yet still has time and attention to be friendly with Eli, not only friendly but very friendly. Which is something that most 'shallow' girls would not do...in my experience and in media. That they would toatally ignore the geeky guy for the much cooler boy friend dude. She has not done this. Its good on her, imo, though I know it also hurts.
          Your logic is based on a high population of similarly aged people.

On earth, i might even agree with you if Chloe continued to hang around him with the rest of her friends around and didn't just use him as an emotional tam.. uhh... tissue. But it's an unhealthy relationship even if it's platonic if Chloe is simply using him for support without giving anything back (emotional support in this case)

What you see as depth, i see as desperation. it's not like Chloe can really relate to anyone else on the ship, they'r eall older or military or scientists. Camille is the only other politician as far as I know and for some reason i don't think they're very compatible friendship wise.

Basically, Chloe is using Eli as an emotional crutch because he's the only "normal" person around she feels she can talk to besides Scott who can take care of her "other" needs. If Eli were happy being her friend, you'd be right, but it's been clearly demonstrated that he wants more.
          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
            Your logic is based on a high population of similarly aged people.

On earth, i might even agree with you if Chloe continued to hang around him with the rest of her friends around and didn't just use him as an emotional tam.. uhh... tissue. But it's an unhealthy relationship even if it's platonic if Chloe is simply using him for support without giving anything back (emotional support in this case)

What you see as depth, i see as desperation. it's not like Chloe can really relate to anyone else on the ship, they'r eall older or military or scientists. Camille is the only other politician as far as I know and for some reason i don't think they're very compatible friendship wise.

Basically, Chloe is using Eli as an emotional crutch because he's the only "normal" person around she feels she can talk to besides Scott who can take care of her "other" needs. If Eli were happy being her friend, you'd be right, but it's been clearly demonstrated that he wants more.
            OK
            How so? Maybe you are right, but I honestly do not see it this way because right now he does not seem to need any emotional help, at all....beyond the feelings he has for Chloe that is. We just have not seen her needing to be there for him yet...maybe she will be at a later date? And maybe he wants to be there for her, which it does seem like he does. He is just a nice helpful and kind guy.
            Perfectly valid point.
            He can be happy being her friend while wanting more.

Comment

OK
              How so? Maybe you are right, but I honestly do not see it this way because right now he does not seem to need any emotional help, at all....beyond the feelings he has for Chloe that is. We just have not seen her needing to be there for him yet...maybe she will be at a later date? And maybe he wants to be there for her, which it does seem like he does. He is just a nice helpful and kind guy.
              Perfectly valid point.
              He can be happy being her friend while wanting more.
              I recommend you try the above bolded. If you have, then you understand where i'm coming from.

Eli doesn't look like he needs support, but then again he's got more friends than Chloe, he's got Rush, Riley, Scott, even Greer to a degree. That's not counting everyone else. it's easier for Eli to make those friendships because he's just naive enough for it to be helpful. Chloe on the other hand has lost her dad, lost her family, and just lost her friends back home, She may not even realize it, but being around Eli gives her a sense of stability because he's relatively stable.

but really what positive does Eli get out of it?

I'm not saying he should just abandon her given teh circumstances, but i AM saying he should forget about any feelings beyond friendship and focus on other things. If something comes up later, he should direct energy towards it THEN, not now since all she's really doing is hanging around him for consolation and (in my personal opinion) entertainment.
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

I recommend you try the above bolded. If you have, then you understand where i'm coming from.

Eli doesn't look like he needs support, but then again he's got more friends than Chloe, he's got Rush, Riley, Scott, even Greer to a degree. That's not counting everyone else. it's easier for Eli to make those friendships because he's just naive enough for it to be helpful. Chloe on the other hand has lost her dad, lost her family, and just lost her friends back home, She may not even realize it, but being around Eli gives her a sense of stability because he's relatively stable.

but really what positive does Eli get out of it?

I'm not saying he should just abandon her given teh circumstances, but i AM saying he should forget about any feelings beyond friendship and focus on other things. If something comes up later, he should direct energy towards it THEN, not now since all she's really doing is hanging around him for consolation and (in my personal opinion) entertainment.
                I agree with you fully on this, and do understand where you are coming from.
                And Eli is quite stable I agree with you there, but I do not find him very naive.

Comment

I agree with you fully on this, and do understand where you are coming from.
                  And Eli is quite stable I agree with you there, but I do not find him very naive.
                  When i say Naive, i mean the same kind of Naivety that Jonas Quinn had. A sort of optimism for no reason other than his personality. Most everyone else except Riley is still pretty downcast (except Rush of course but that's an exception).

At least Eli isn't as bad as Jonas in that i want to slap that goofy smile off him

Comment

When i say Naive, i mean the same kind of Naivety that Jonas Quinn had. A sort of optimism for no reason other than his personality. Most everyone else except Riley is still pretty downcast (except Rush of course but that's an exception).

At least Eli isn't as bad as Jonas in that i want to slap that goofy smile off him
                    Jonas was awesome
                    I think that kind of personality is someone that they are all going to be needing, all of them. Even Chloe.
                    While I agree with you that he should try and forget his feelings for her, I do not have too great of pity for his friendzonedness, because it is a lot better then the alternative.

Comment

Jonas was awesome
                      I think that kind of personality is someone that they are all going to be needing, all of them. Even Chloe.
                      While I agree with you that he should try and forget his feelings for her, I do not have too great of pity for his friendzonedness, because it is a lot better then the alternative.
                      we're gonna have to agree to disagree on tihs one.

IMO, Eli sin't going to give up his torch for her. And because of that, he'll start to resent Scott AND Chloe. The "friendship" will fester and it'll be detrimental to him rather than beneficial. If he left well enough alone, then he'd have an easier time.

look at the scene with the Kino and the holding hands. It was pretty obvious he was hurt by that. He's just going to continue to hurt himself by watching Chloe and Scott grow closer (as TPTB have implied they will)

Comment

we're gonna have to agree to disagree on tihs one.

IMO, Eli sin't going to give up his torch for her. And because of that, he'll start to resent Scott AND Chloe. The "friendship" will fester and it'll be detrimental to him rather than beneficial. If he left well enough alone, then he'd have an easier time.

look at the scene with the Kino and the holding hands. It was pretty obvious he was hurt by that. He's just going to continue to hurt himself by watching Chloe and Scott grow closer (as TPTB have implied they will)
                        He probably won't.....
                        Indeed.
                        But its early yet, and he might get over it enough not to resent Scott, because it is indicated that he does not have any resentment for Scott as of this point in time.

Comment

Well it looks like Eli has done the typical nice guy move and accepted his “Just Friends” status with Chloe, while still holding a torch for her.

And from what we saw in "Time" I would say he has no ill feelings toward Scott, course if Scott wrongs Chloe that might change.

@SupremeLegate
                          Apogee Institute
                          Council

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                            Well it looks like Eli has done the typical nice guy move and accepted his “Just Friends” status with Chloe, while still holding a torch for her.

And from what we saw in "Time" I would say he has no ill feelings toward Scott, course if Scott wrongs Chloe that might change.
                            Precisely. It is possible for people to do that...more then possible actually. If you do truly care for someone you will accept what they do...but just be there for them if things do go amiss.

Comment

Precisely. It is possible for people to do that...more then possible actually. If you do truly care for someone you will accept what they do...but just be there for them if things do go amiss.
                              Yup, which shows that Eli is not as immature as he “acts.” And I think the reason he is that was is because he had to grow up quick when his father left, so I think his immaturity is an escape valve.

@SupremeLegate
                              Apogee Institute
                              Council

Comment

Working...
                              X