What's the IOA's real agenda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the IOA's real agenda?

Do they really want to get the Destiny crew home, or are they just making another power play within the Stargate program.

Another disaster where even more people die and Ancient technology is lost could lead to egg on the face of the military running the program and be impetus to the IOA getting more control.

Also, the new IOA agent on Earth is suitably creepy. Wouldn't mind more of him in the future.

Actually that new IOA agent is the head of the IOA(I think). I just hate the IOA more and more...it started in SG1, it grew ten times more in SGA, and in SGU, Camille Wray is my least favorite character. I doubt the IOA really cares about the Destiny.

Comment

i think the ioa wants to get the crew home and then some how find a way to dail destiny and research the vessal
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

They're probably up to something. It's the IOA after all. And correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall them ever doing anything good and honest.
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          i think the ioa wants to get the crew home and then some how find a way to dail destiny and research the vessal
          When has the IOA ever been altruistic like that and not had a hidden agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by Arlan View Post
            When has the IOA ever been altruistic like that and not had a hidden agenda?
            i said it

the ioa's agenda is to get abord the destiny but it can only do that by getting the crew home and then the whole ships is there's for the taking
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Does the IOA have a hidden agenda? I mean, don't they have to approve everything anyway? They don't need to have a hidden agenda; they just have to pull funding.

Comment

Yeah,

The IOA is going to do what they have always done, which is make life more difficult until people do what they want. There are plenty of organizations like that in the real world, and many things don't run smoothly in reality. So the IOA is pretty realistic in the way that it makes life difficult.

On a side note, the new IOA member (Or the head of the IOA if that's what he is) is actually played by one of my favourite actors. He was great on the series 24.

- CB
                Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

I didn't really think there was anything sinister going on. They wanted the people that are on the ship off, so that they could put their own chosen crew on.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I didn't really think there was anything sinister going on. They wanted the people that are on the ship off, so that they could put their own chosen crew on.
                    The IOA is sinister by nature.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      The IOA is sinister by nature.
                      Nah. They're an international bureaucracy made up of representatives of nations all wanting a piece. This isn't the NID we're talking about, it makes sense.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wasn't too clear on why Earth and the IOA was pushing so hard to bring everyone back to the point of risking killing everyone in the process, especially if the situation has stabilized. Plus Telfords explanation of how they would reestablish a crew on the destiny didn't really make much sense (actually I forget what it was...maybe that's why )

Comment

An IOA power play will probably come up later on, but for now I just think they're just waiting some more. I wouldn't be surprised if say they recruited Telford out of the military and to work them as a private contractor like Bates from SGA. If they gave Telford access to the stones when the military does not... It could asplode with tension and all that stuff.

For the record, it is possible for me (And probably others) to like some members of the IOA. Woolsey and Camille are fine enough...
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

If they gave Telford access to the stones when the military does not... It could asplode with tension and all that stuff.
                            I doubt it as i seriously doubt there are moire than the 2 terminals..

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Nah. They're an international bureaucracy made up of representatives of nations all wanting a piece. This isn't the NID we're talking about, it makes sense.
                              And whats more insidious than a gang of international bureaucrats all trying to get the most power for themselves and influence over the thing they want?

Wait a second...

Are we talking about the IOA or the System Lords?

Comment

Working...
                              X