No announcement yet.

Rush's actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush the classic antihero! Torn & torrmented by his own greatness!

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

When the crew thought the ship was about to be destory by the sun , he volunteer to remove himself from the lottery.

Young remove himself from the lottery in the interest of fairness and he put the crew 's interest above his own.But Col Young 's main goal was to get his crew and himself home.

Telford 's goal was to get onboard the ship ,but he put his life first .We saw him cut and run without a moment of hesitation.

Dr Rush probably the only one truely happy onboard Destiny,and he is the only one with the Ship's original mission (exploring universe) at heart.
      But the IOA doesn't believe he want to return home, Telford probably won't let him return to Destiny if they ever get the crew home.
      Col Young suspect Rush of Sabotage their rescue attempt .

If they could only find a way to use Rush for the best of the Destiny.

Comment

Rush is not happy
        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Well we don't know much about the whole future yet. He could still very well cause a lot of trouble.
          And I think he will. Occasionally, anyway.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You can't make wormholes pass through suns without screwing things up bad.

What makes it a good idea to make a wormhole INSIDE a sun?

Idiot IOA.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post

Idiot IOA.
              They probably didn't see that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                it was nice to see the destiny crew stand up for itself
                Yeah it's good to see the unity formed under those circumstances does hold up!

Originally posted by O'Neil View Post
                Im really liking Rush. At first, he appeared to be the one that would cause trouble, but now its clear he's one of only a few that have a brain.
                Completely agree, Rush has changed in my opinion, but 100% but enough to make me appreciate his character!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                Well we don't know much about the whole future yet. He could still very well cause a lot of trouble.
                "Very well", I'd say, definitely

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                  They probably didn't see that episode.
                  Somebody send over a set of SG1 DVDs over.

The IOA seriously doesn't know what they are dealing with.

Comment

If it were just to blow up( destabilize) the sun, they probably wouldn't care much because they'd be back home billions of miles away. On the other hand, a flare could send them back to around 1969 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                      I've like rush since the first episode.

We did see that the shields were failing so rush wasn't lying about that.
                      That is true, we did get a glimpse of them flickering.

It's interesting that Brody and Volker seemed to be subtly and quietly supporting Rush during the whole situation in the gate room.
                      Perhaps he brought them two into his plan..

Now, the question I have is...was Rush right? Was the plan doomed to fail dangerously if Rush did nothing, or did Rush's hubris get in the way to make him think he knew better, whereas the plan may have worked if he didn't interfere.
                      Me thinks it might have been both. Huberus as well as knowing something might go wrong.

Scott seemed pretty surprised, he told Rush "You could have told people."
                      Maybe he was in on what rush was going to do (stage something to get them off the ship) but not the specifics.

Idiot IOA.
                      That is a very valid point. We know from SG1 and SGA that passing near a sun when a flair is happening is cause for time travel, and cause of red star we know going THROUGH a sun causes all sorts of issues. So why did the Scientists seriously think this plan was good..

If it were just to blow up( destabilize) the sun, they probably wouldn't care much because they'd be back home billions of miles away. On the other hand, a flare could send them back to around 1969 or so.
                      THey would care if the sun's going Nova translated through the gate..

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                        A lot were saying that about Greer after Air, too

My feeling is that people are so used to tv shows portraying characters as 'good' or 'bad' with a simple set of motivations that they are used to painting people as either good guys or bad guys based on a few simple actions or phrases. SGU is portraying the characters as much more nuanced with a more complicated back story and set of motivations and I admit it seems in reading here that many are seeming to pigeon-hole the characters based on early assessment on 'good' or 'bad'..and as the story goes on those assessments are often ... premature
                        I totally agree, these characters are not always good or evil & like real life, their actions & motives & what makes them tick is not always cut & dry. Just like real people, they are conflicted, flawed & don't always do the right thing for the right reason (or heaven forbid, the right thing for the wrong reason! ). It is one of the main reasons I watch show & am very much hoping for a Season 2.

As for Rush's actions, they were brilliantly executed & artfully delivered (R.C.'s acting is phenominional! ). I think it was a mixture of both his desire to (1) stay on the ship, (2) not have the ship probably blow up in the attempt to dial Earth & (3) show Telford & his goons for the <INSERT INAPPROPERAITE RANT HERE> they are (IMHO what their characters did was diploarable & only served to solidify the Destiny crew against them & serves to damage their credability).

Comment

I don't know whether or not this has been said before, but Rush kind of reminds me of Dr. Weir from the movie 'Event Horizon' (played by Sam Neill). That guy also loved his ship a little too much to let it go. Although we don't know if that really is the case with Rush, yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X