This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting at Fort Hood

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a U.S. Army psychiatrist, murdered twelve people and wounded twenty-one inside Fort Hood in Texas yesterday, while, according to eyewitnesses, “shouting something in Arabic while he was shooting.” Investigators are scratching their heads and expressing puzzlement about why he did it. According to NPR, “the motive behind the shootings was not immediately clear, officials said.” The Washington Post agreed: “The motive remains unclear, although some sources reported the suspect is opposed to U.S. involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq and upset about an imminent deployment.”
    ?

Fort Hood: a tragedy, not Islamic Jihad...
    http://www.atlargely.com/atlargely/2...mic-jihad.html

Security Camera Video Shows Fort Hood Shooter in Muslim Dress?
    http://countusout.wordpress.com/2009...-muslim-dress/
    ?
    Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
    They had to fake the ratings
    They had to fake the ratings.
    Let it be known for all times there were once...

I'm sorry, you don't know that this person was carrying out any jihad. For all we know he's a man that snapped.

and 'opposed to us involvement in Afghanastan and Iraq and upset about an imminent deployment', dude, that would describe about 70% of the US military, if not more.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

From what I have read this was more of a Muslim cracking then a jihad. He showed signs of mental instability a few months ago. Why didn't they do anything then. Kind of reminds me of the Virgina Tech incident,
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Texan police officer Kim Munley who shot Fort Hood gunman hailed as a heroine

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6906278.ece

....But the death toll from the rampage could have been far worse had it not been for the actions of Sergeant Kimberly Munley, a civilian police officer stationed at the base who was the first on the scene as Major Hasan picked off his victims.

Sergeant Munley managed to hit Major Hasan four times but was herself hit by a bullet that passed through both her legs, according to witnesses.

Her Twitter biography reads: "I live a good life ... a hard one, but I go to sleep peacefully @ night knowing that I may have made a difference in someone's life."

It emerged today that Major Hasan, a Muslim who had argued with his comrades against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and had been trying to get out of the Army, shouted "Allah akbar" – Arabic for "God is great" – as he launched the attack.

Lieutenant-General Robert Cone, the base commander at Fort Hood, said that soldiers who witnessed the rampage heard him shout out the invocation as he opened fire.

General Cone told NBC's Today programme that Major Hasan was not known to be a threat or risk at the base. Colonel Braverman said the same.
        Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap

Comment

i'm not defending him by any stretch, but look at it from his pov. he's a muslim. he's more than likely dealt with all sorts of slurs, etc, expecially post 911. that takes a toll on anyone

then he's going to be deployed...and sent to a country where he -theoretically - could have to kill a far flung relative or a person that could be him. (don't know if he's recently emigrated or long time citizen or what)

this would be, to use the stargate example, teal'c,a fter being called names, harassed, etc, being put on the front lines to control and, more than likely, kill jaffa because earth had declared war on them.

the dude cracked.

i'm just....let's wait and hear more before people go declaring him a terrorists and on a jihad. It's very likely nothing more than a psychotic break. he 'went postal', he just happened to be a muslim going postal on deploying soldiers not a postman shooting up a post office
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/m...ogs=2&limit=20

A 21-year-old pregnant soldier who was due to come home within weeks is the second Chicago-area victim from the shooting at Fort Hood.

Francesca Velez had just returned from a tour of duty in Iraq and was due to be temporarily released from the military on maternity leave, according to her family and friends.

A representative of the Army arrived at the family's home in the 4300 block of West Kamerling in the West Humboldt Park neighborhood last night to deliver the news.

"She was a great girl," said one of her friends from Kelvyn High School. "She loved the military, she loved to serve."
            Earlier today, Pfc. Michael Pearson was identified by his family as one of the 13 killed on the Army base. Thirty others were wounded.

The Department of Defense has yet to release the names of any of the victims.

Details to come.

Comment

Working...
            X