This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A "Classic Sci-Fi" Series Question

I thought I'd take a shot at this question here at GW.

I'm not sure how many here even remember this series....."Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", starring Richard Basehart and David Hedison. It was one of those Irwin Allen shows like "Lost in Space" that I loved as a kid.

I recently discovered the show in the library and am trying to find one particular episode. It involved Captain Crane Whump! (I was a whumper even waaay back then) and I think he turned into a werewolf-like creature. I hadn't even thought about it but there's an interview with Mr. Hedison on one of the DVDs and he mentioned it. He called it "Man Beast" but in the 4 seasons there isn't an episode named that. I know that the working titles of scripts are often changed before they are aired.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

IHS
    sigpic

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
    I thought I'd take a shot at this question here at GW.

I'm not sure how many here even remember this series....."Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", starring Richard Basehart and David Hedison. It was one of those Irwin Allen shows like "Lost in Space" that I loved as a kid.

I recently discovered the show in the library and am trying to find one particular episode. It involved Captain Crane Whump! (I was a whumper even waaay back then) and I think he turned into a werewolf-like creature. I hadn't even thought about it but there's an interview with Mr. Hedison on one of the DVDs and he mentioned it. He called it "Man Beast" but in the 4 seasons there isn't an episode named that. I know that the working titles of scripts are often changed before they are aired.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

IHS
    Okay, I just found this fansite, which lists the synopsis for "Man-Beast" here. Sound familiar?
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

Comment

You are AWESOME! That is it! Thanks so much!

No wonder I haven't located it yet.....either this part of Season 4 isn't out on DVD yet or my local library doesn't have it and neither does Netflix.

I've bookmarked that also. Thanks again.

IHS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
        You are AWESOME! That is it! Thanks so much!

No wonder I haven't located it yet.....either this part of Season 4 isn't out on DVD yet or my local library doesn't have it and neither does Netflix.

I've bookmarked that also. Thanks again.

IHS
        Oh, no problem. Glad to help

Hulu currently has seasons 1 and 2 up. Maybe if you check back in a couple of months, they'll have the episode!
        sigpic
        ~the guitarists~

Comment

Working...
        X