No announcement yet.

Thor's Hammer (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I saw this show I wondered why they had to destroy the device. Couldn´t they just have gone back to earth and come back with some drilling equipment and drilled a hole in the wall? Ok, perhaps the walls were to strong or protected but my real point is that they didn´t even try, they just went ahead end wrecked the thing

Comment

Well.. According to Norse myths, Ragnarok WILL come, the gods WILL lose to, Heaven and Earth WILL be destroyed. So why wouldn't they dwell on it?
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

If you wanted to get a good idea about how the nordic gods viewed the world but can´t stand reading historical texts and such then you should read the novel Northworld by David Drake.

First off the books are great science fiction and a great read on those grounds alone. Drake however uses the nordic lore very well and you get a very good idea of the religion.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          I liked the introduction of the Unas,especially as he was voiced by James Earl Jones,as the Goa'uld symbiote.
          I didn't know that. That's awesome.

"No Teal'c. I am your father ... er spawner!"
          heh heh

I thought the episode was pretty good but I was bummed when they had to destroy the Hammer.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Did Kendra say that she was a servant of Molach?

Comment

I do not think so. I could be wrong though.
              THOR: It was your stupid idea Major Carter.

Comment

This one was on today. I had a terrible day starting at 2am and my neighbors, but I did tape it, just in case I was not here.I loved this one, it was so cool. And Jack was at his Jack best. I really liked the girl too, ( I am on a name robbing drug for a problem with my brain) the ex-snake woman. I thought she was really cool, and brave to do what she did. This was one of SG 1's bonding moments. Really sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
                  Did Kendra say that she was a servant of Molach?
                  I think it was Marduk.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Very good episode, I normally prefer episodes with allot of techno in but this was good. Funny when they see the ex-snake woman (I’m bad with names to) healing someone and the way over react and start pointing guns, what did they think it was? Also, notice how the Asgard technology couldn’t disarm Jacks gun? but the Tollan can?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I thought this episode was fine--not terrific, but not bad, either--until I caught Thor's Chariot on rerun. NOW I watch this episode and laugh like heck when I imagine Thor instead of Big Hairy Guy giving the standard 'welcome message' to new inhabitants of the Hammer. I almost think that they should have used an Asgaard hologram istead of the BHG--a three-foot puce guy would certainly be more humbling to a goa'uld, at any rate.

But anyway, that's just me. Good episode all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                        Very good episode, I normally prefer episodes with allot of techno in but this was good. Funny when they see the ex-snake woman (I’m bad with names to) healing someone and the way over react and start pointing guns, what did they think it was? Also, notice how the Asgard technology couldn’t disarm Jacks gun? but the Tollan can?
                        Old Asgaard technology didn't detect and confiscate Jack's sidearm--the Hammer's gotta be pretty old. They might be able to detect projectiles now.

Comment

Also, notice how the Asgard technology couldn’t disarm Jacks gun? but the Tollan can?
                          The Tollan knew to look for the projectile weapons, and the Asgard tech was geared to disarm Goa'uld weapons, which, without exception have been energy weapons.

Comment

Funny when they see the ex-snake woman (I’m bad with names to) healing someone and the way over react and start pointing guns, what did they think it was?
                            Until this point in the series, the only hand device the Gou'ald have used is the one that zaps the brain. Furthermore, until this point (a) there was no evidence that non-Gou'alds could use the hand devices and (b) there was no evidence that hosts could survive the blending process.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                            When I saw this show I wondered why they had to destroy the device. Couldn´t they just have gone back to earth and come back with some drilling equipment and drilled a hole in the wall?
                            Then any Gou'alds who were captured by the Hammer would have been able to leave the labyrinth, too. Net effect: Hammer ineffective. Besides, the team was overly optimistic that no Gou'ald would attempt to visit the planet, knowing the consequences.

The first appearance of SG-1 on Cimmera is absolutely classic. Everyone starts laughing and chanting "Thor!" It's great.
                            END OF LINE

Comment

I've always wondered how the Tollan disabler knows the difference between a weapon and other technology. And would Cassies implanted device have been affected?
                              sigpic

Comment

I really liked the episode first time we are being introdueced to the Asgard
                                your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Working...
                                X