*thumbs up*
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

7 minutes and 32 second. The shades of gray made it difficult
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I was originally going with an image with waaaaayyyyyy more sand in it... ...but I couldn't find one that I really liked.

Comment

8:38 -- darn all that grey

Comment

Perhaps it needs some characters in street camo
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                Perhaps it needs some characters in street camo
                LOL!

I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                  The Goa'uld understand that the Asgard adopt a human god guise for the benefit of less advanced humans (hell, the Goa'uld do it themselves) so it's like there's any reason why the Asgard should set up a hologram depicting their real forms for the benefit of the Goa'uld.
                  I had a thought to add on to this. We don't know that the Goa'uld were always aware of how the Asgard looked. I therefore wouldn't at all be surprised if they used to pretend that they were buff Norse-men in their earlier encounters with the Goa'uld and only dropped that guise more recently because the Goa'uld found out what they really looked like.

The Asgard's relationship with the Goa'uld is all about presenting a skewed perception of power. As of the time of their introduction they could occasionally send a single ship into the Milky Way to do some damage in response to a system lord's antics, but keeping the Goa'uld in line only worked when the Goa'uld believed the lie that the Asgard could follow that up with more military action. So what if the Asgard also used to want to try to project the idea of themselves as physically strong as an added layer?

I've gotten into so many conversations with people who get upset when superheroes are shorter than they think they should be because then they can't believe that they would wail on a normal human character who is physically taller than them. It doesn't matter that one character has superpowers and one doesn't; it's the height of those characters that matter to them. It's a very primitive evolutionary trigger that certain animals use to determine whether it's worth challenging another animal. It's why people are told to make themselves look big when confronted by mountain lions, for example. People also make these judgments all the time among themselves and it generally serves average people to avoid fights with hulking lumberers, but it's sometimes more important to them than other factors like what technological advances a person has. I don't know that the Goa'uld have that problem naturally, but they could have picked it up from their human hosts and/or the Asgard could have thought it best to err on the side of presenting strength.

This is my long way of saying that perhaps the Goa'uld thought that Thor looked like his hologram when it was installed all those many years ago.
                  Last edited by Xaeden; 07 August 2020, 04:44 AM.

Comment

A very good episode: Norse mythology via The Asgard, the Unas with James Earl Jones ( so very awesome!), a former Goa'uld host that survived the Goa'uld being burned out, and Daniel choosing Teal'c's immediate need over the possibility of saving Sha're eventually.

My major beef is that they chose to destroy Thor's hammer without consulting anyone from the planet. Granted, the planet still has the device that sends Goa'uld to the cave, and they can block entrances, but still.

Maybe my attitude is affected by recently watching Smallville.

Jigsaw time was 7:40.

Comment

SG-1 did indeed destroy the hammer, and did it for their own gain too.

They literally chose the one over the many, but the many weren't Tau'ri so they value less over their own (even though Teal'c isn't one of their own either). This theme will make a return throughout the show(s).

Comment

I guess I just didn't notice that before. As I grow older, I do tend to notice more when injustices are made. Hopefully, I can move past it when it comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                          I guess I just didn't notice that before. As I grow older, I do tend to notice more when injustices are made. Hopefully, I can move past it when it comes up.
                          You're not the only one. I have noticed that I look at episodes very differently than I did when was a teenager/early twenties. There are things that happened in my life, still happening that shape the way I look at the world and things.

But I think that's a good thing cause it means we've changed over time and have grown, have learned new things -- at least I hope so.

Comment

Errors :

1. Only three chevrons are locked as a sound effects, but the wormhole is established.

2. Daniel pushes only one symbol on the DHD and the whormhole is established.

Oops. These were dialing errors again. My bad. There was nothing else to find here.

By the way... I was not aware that the Goa'uld Marduk was mentioned in this episode. Kendra mentions him that her Goa'uld belonged to his family.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yes, and his use again later in the series contradicts some of what we hear here.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                Yes, and his use again later in the series contradicts some of what we hear here.
                                Throwing continuity entirely out the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X