No announcement yet.

Thor's Hammer (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Whoa nice long explination couldnt have been better myslef.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Why did we not try to take samples of the material that the hammer was made out of?
      sigpic

Comment

don't think so or did she dam can't remember
        sigpic

Comment

Dam is spelled damn

And no she didn't
          sigpic

Comment

this was a good epsiode nice little hint into the asguard
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What do you mean nice little hint into them?
              sigpic

Comment

It was a nice intro to the Asgard!!! I love the little grey dudes. Pity they broke the hammer. Nice story between Jack and Teal'c. Daniel and Sam did ok but this is definately not one of my favorite - but I did like it just the same!!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I thought thors chariot was a better intro.

Actualy this is one of my favourite episodes because it introduced the UNAS the asgard where just the background.
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah that is true

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                      Question so in the end...when Teal'c goes trugh the hammer Jack tackles him back in. So, couldn't he just pull him out? Or tackle him out from inside?
                      I thought the same thing. So, plot-wise, no, they couldn't have because it gave Daniel the chance to come to terms with Sha-re's situation--but it did look like Jack should have been able to push Teal'c thru, since he was able to pull him back...unless you can ONLY go back and not thru.

Ok, that works. I'll accept the fact that Teal'c could only go backwards or die if he got pushed thru by Jack.

Actually, I thought this was the 2nd best of this set of episodes (I'm using netflix) and liked Cold Lazarus the best.

I liked this one because we actually had female characters who weren't just helplessly pretty but actually had some gravitas to them. I liked the little bit of something between Kendra and Teal'c, if nothing else, her grudging respect for him. I always like Teal'c and Jack anyway.

A couple of questions from a newbie (ok, maybe more than a couple)

Do we ever see Kendra again?
                      Is this "Thor" going to have a parallel to Thor the little grey guy? (I'm guessing, duh, yeah.)
                      And I'm guessing the mention of the asgard and the like is some kind of foreshadowing.

anyway, 4/5 for this one, 5/5 for Cold Lazarus, 2.5-3/5 on the other episodes on this disc.

ETA: I definitely felt shades of Vala/Cam Mitchell, as in, SG1 has been down this road before. Which is ok. You have Vala, an ex host, and Mitchell who meets a holographic image in a freaky cave from where there doesn't seem to be any exit unless certain things happen. So I guess you could scoff at that but I kinda like the parallels.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                        I thought the same thing. So, plot-wise, no, they couldn't have because it gave Daniel the chance to come to terms with Sha-re's situation--but it did look like Jack should have been able to push Teal'c thru, since he was able to pull him back...unless you can ONLY go back and not thru.

Ok, that works. I'll accept the fact that Teal'c could only go backwards or die if he got pushed thru by Jack.

Actually, I thought this was the 2nd best of this set of episodes (I'm using netflix) and liked Cold Lazarus the best.

I liked this one because we actually had female characters who weren't just helplessly pretty but actually had some gravitas to them. I liked the little bit of something between Kendra and Teal'c, if nothing else, her grudging respect for him. I always like Teal'c and Jack anyway.

A couple of questions from a newbie (ok, maybe more than a couple)

Do we ever see Kendra again?
                        Is this "Thor" going to have a parallel to Thor the little grey guy? (I'm guessing, duh, yeah.)
                        And I'm guessing the mention of the asgard and the like is some kind of foreshadowing.

anyway, 4/5 for this one, 5/5 for Cold Lazarus, 2.5-3/5 on the other episodes on this disc.

ETA: I definitely felt shades of Vala/Cam Mitchell, as in, SG1 has been down this road before. Which is ok. You have Vala, an ex host, and Mitchell who meets a holographic image in a freaky cave from where there doesn't seem to be any exit unless certain things happen. So I guess you could scoff at that but I kinda like the parallels.
                        There is a follow up ep called Thors Chariot. Great ep. Sadly we do not SEE Kendra again but she does get mentioned. And yes it is the same Thor but back in the day you didnt know that. So when you see Thor and his Chariot for the first time.......ahhh it was a sight to behold, gave me chills.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          There is a follow up ep called Thors Chariot. Great ep. Sadly we do not SEE Kendra again but she does get mentioned. And yes it is the same Thor but back in the day you didnt know that. So when you see Thor and his Chariot for the first time.......ahhh it was a sight to behold, gave me chills.
                          Ah, too bad about Kendra. I liked both her and the woman they met at the gate.

Thor's Chariot...thanks. I saw it mentioned in the thread. I'm trying to watch them in order, as much as possible. I know who Thor is and that sort of thing from the few pre s-9 episodes I've seen but it's fun to see how it all started out.

Comment

Regarding the question of Teal'c making it through the "hammer" and surviving without his symbiot, consider that the hammer is designed to get Goa'ulds through alive, so perhaps it would have also been designed to get jaffa through alive also, by altering jaffa physiology and "healing" them, in a way similar to how Jack was "healed" in the episode where he was briefly made into a jaffa.

jtg

Comment

Originally posted by jtg
                              Regarding the question of Teal'c making it through the "hammer" and surviving without his symbiot, consider that the hammer is designed to get Goa'ulds through alive, so perhaps it would have also been designed to get jaffa through alive also, by altering jaffa physiology and "healing" them, in a way similar to how Jack was "healed" in the episode where he was briefly made into a jaffa.

jtg
                              Good point. I wonder if anyone bothered to ask Thor. It means they broke his device for no reason.

Then again a Host is generally an unwilling prisoner and when free would likely go their own way. Jaffa have free will now and choose to serve their gods. As miguided as that may be, it would not seem unreasonable that the Jaffa would go report back to his God about the device hoping to gain favor. So Thor would be taking more of a risk to free a jaffa.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

OK - I'm a new fan (great timing huh?) But I just recently added SG1 to my life after BSG. Please tell me it gets better than this? Don't get all ruffled here - but I am hoping that future efforts at least try to have the characters act like they would in "real" life! Destroy the Hammer? Lets not even TALK about other ways around it or out? They could have put some kind of time limit on the whole thing where they HAD to make a descion quickly - but from what I can see they just blew it up without even thinking about it. There is no way this would have ever happened. I am starting to enjoy the show - just hopping that it DOES get more thought out as time goes on?

Any other new viewers out there (or old ones who remember feeling this way in the beginning) feel the same way?

Comment

Working...
                                X