• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor's Hammer (109)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 109

Teal'c and O'Neill are transported to an underground cage designed by the Asgard to protect an alien world from the Goa'uld. Teal'c cannot escape the labyrinth while his larval Goa'uld lives.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:52 PM.

A cool element about the episode is how Danny and the gang build up on the mythos of the benevolent gods of Viking lore, not knowing a thing about their true nature. And when Jack and Teal'c first find the hologram of Thor within the labyrinth, this armored and beared anceint warrior being starts spouting off about being the Commander of the Asgard Fleet and that Cimmeria was cited under specific articles as a safe world, blah, blah, blah.

They go in expecting some archaic fellow, and they get a guy who sounds a bit more like Jack declaring rank and articles of war rather than some old dead dude talking in old-fashioned diction.

Comment

Question so in the end...when Teal'c goes trugh the hammer Jack tackles him back in. So, couldn't he just pull him out? Or tackle him out from inside?

Comment

No because by the time Teal'c made it all the way through the Hammer the larval Goa'uld would be dead and shortly after so would Teal'c.

Besides that would make it too easy, and they had to show that Daniel had accepted Teal'c by having Daniel save Teal'c's life.

It also makes the destruction of the Hammer all the more poignant because Daniel is basically sacrificing his chance to save Sha're for Teal'c.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Well I understand the TOO EASY part...but I hoped for some scintifc explanation..with solid proof...well I guess this us nitpicking...lol...never thougt I'd do this...lol...anyway
          Originally posted by bcmilco
          No because by the time Teal'c made it all the way through the Hammer the larval Goa'uld would be dead and shortly after so would Teal'c.
          It probably would because he did it once...for like 10 secs..so all Jack had to do is PULL insted if PUSH and TACKLE...or just push and then put him back in there for a sec and push him out...it wouldn't take long

Comment

I think the Asgard would have made it impossible for the host to go all the way through before the symbiote was dead. There would have been some sort of force field to make sure they stayed put.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, it looked like Teal'c couldn't get out of there at all...i thought there were two forcefields there....but then Jack pushed him back in...so...i dunno...i still don't like it

Comment

I like how the natives always think everything is Ragnorak(Armageddon)

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  I like how the natives always think everything is Ragnorak(Armageddon)
                  They aren't used to outsiders, so they fear ragnarök is coming. Poor people, can't be easy to live there

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    They aren't used to outsiders, so they fear ragnarök is coming. Poor people, can't be easy to live there
                    But the real estate prices must be rock bottom......what with crazy neighbors shouting the end of the world when someone spills a glass of water.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      But the real estate prices must be rock bottom......what with crazy neighbors shouting the end of the world when someone spills a glass of water.
                      Any McDonalds' in the area? Can't survive otherwise....

Comment

Was this episode the start of the canadian tree line in the distance? Check the pic every planet looks like that. Maybe the Ancients like to put gates by trees.

Comment

the asgard transplated those people inorder for natural developement of the species, and they could ahve tauri-formed it to look like their own world, the ancients were also humans in and of them selfs so they need oxygen and what makes oxygen trees

Comment

I liked the introduction of the Unas,especially as he was voiced by James Earl Jones,as the Goa'uld symbiote.
                            I also liked the "Viking" references throughout the ep,and the introduction of Kendra,Gairwyn (Sp?) and the "Sagan box".
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The Thor's Hammer prop was impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X