KINO how it works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KINO how it works

If there is a thread that already talks about this sorry, but I looked.
    I was wondering if the KINO flew with a similar method as the Death Glider, and Puddle Jumper(when going trough the gate) and exactly how efficient it is, because
    Spoiler:
    from what we saw from water, with the whole 'KINO sled'
    it seems pretty strong. Also I noticed that it looks like the KINO has more than one camera because of the little holes all over it, either that or those keep it up somehow, or it's purely esthetic and the Ancients could have very well made them a solid ball.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

I think it's covered in mini cameras, because when it turns off you see them go one by one. It would make sense becuase a phased array would allow you to get three dimensional high quality pictures.

As to strength, I don't think it's that strong, since Eli had to cover the bottom with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      I think it's covered in mini cameras, because when it turns off you see them go one by one. It would make sense becuase a phased array would allow you to get three dimensional high quality pictures.

As to strength, I don't think it's that strong, since Eli had to cover the bottom with them.
      ... about 20 kino's, the size of my hand, lifted a fully grown man thats pretty strong for a floating camera

Comment

Originally posted by kinseySG View Post
        ... about 20 kino's, the size of my hand, lifted a fully grown man thats pretty strong for a floating camera
        If I recall correctly, he said two dozen, making it 24 Kino's.

Also it wasn't just Scott, it was all his gear and the suit itself.

But you have to remember these things were most likely designed to be able to go to many planets with different gravities. Granted it is quite possible that the seeder ships might not even place gates on high gravity planets, but the Kino should still be able to function in these environments. For all we know the ice planet might have had a low gravity in which Scott was lighter than he would normally have been.

As for the other holes on the ball, I think it's likely they have multiple sensors. We saw it being able to detect the alien bugs using on of its alternative modes. I wouldn't be surprised if it could detect other things, once they have fully worked out how to use it.

Comment

a few hundred kilos divided by 20 is still about 10-20 kg per ball.

Comment

Also Young and Scott seemed to struggle when lifting the ice.

Comment

wasn't there Ice on there as well?
              sigpic
              Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
              Episode III: Phantasm.
              "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

not a lot of ice with scott on there, but some was keeping his upper body up.

Comment

Death Gliders use inertial dampeners to effectively reduce their inertial mass to almost nothing. If Kinos worked that way, they wouldn't be able to support any additional wight. They seem to provide a source for significant reactionless thrust. Mechanism for that is not yet clear.
                  MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

magnets made out of cheese?

Go Green

Comment

this

http://emdrive.com/

i really want this to not be fake

(its a direct energy to thrust machine)

Comment

Working...