Pick 'n' Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick 'n' Mix

Not so much the mixing, but the title seemed appropriate. Two questions in one, just for a little fun really...

1) If you had the opportunity to star in a Star Trek episode, and it was to be focused around an alien race of your choice, and you were allowed to play one of the alien characters, which race would you pick, and why?

2) If the Trek Universe were real, and you were one of the Alien species, based on what each of them stands for, which do you think you would be? - This isn't asking which one you'd like to be, but what you see yourself as (personality traits and such).
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
    Not so much the mixing, but the title seemed appropriate. Two questions in one, just for a little fun really...

1) If you had the opportunity to star in a Star Trek episode, and it was to be focused around an alien race of your choice, and you were allowed to play one of the alien characters, which race would you pick, and why?

2) If the Trek Universe were real, and you were one of the Alien species, based on what each of them stands for, which do you think you would be? - This isn't asking which one you'd like to be, but what you see yourself as (personality traits and such).
    1.0 If I could I would like to play Q, because he is such a lot of fun.

2.0 BORG, resistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
      1) Hmm...Vulcan. Because...I like 'em. I like the logic on the surface, and the seething emotions underneath. And I always did have a bit of a thing for Spock...

2) Y'know, I've no idea. I'm a small (Ferengi?) occasionally hot-tempered (Klingon? Andorian?) piano teacher who likes books, science (Vulcan), ballroom dancing and cooking (Talaxian?). And has a really, really, really low idiot tolerance (Changeling?). So...yeah, I think I need someone else to decide for me.

Comment

the answer to both questions is -

Q!!!!!!

First question reasoning- Q episodes are my all time favorite ones. John DeLancie is an amazing character actor and I am overjoyed to see him on screen anywhere.

As a Q I could totally find ways to amuse myself. Listen to Mozart live, see Shakespeare live. Travel back in time to the first day young BB king stood up on that stage in a run down bar. I could wake up in the muck at woodstock hearing Jimi's star spangled banner. Not to mention other races.

Just from arts and sciences alone, I could keep myself occupied for thousands and thousands of years.

Comment

1. Romulan. I think that they are one of the more interesting antagonists in Trek. I admire their cunning, andtheir resistance to the Federation. It would be nice to have an episode focussing on the more positive aspects of Romulan society. Because if the Federation can have flaws, than Romulan society can have good qualities. It always bothered me somewhat that they never gave as much background on the Romulans as they did on for instance the Klingons.

2. I'd probably be a Vulcan. I do not value emotions very much. Mainly because i appear not to have them to the extend most people have. Some emotions i even lack completely. Because of this when i interact with other people i cannot rely on empathy and instead have to rely on observations of how others react in a given situation and mimic them. This all results in me being highly rational.
          sigpic

Comment

1. I don't mind, as long as I could be an utterly gorgeous woman who'd seduce Riker.

2. No idea. I'm too average human to have any of the traits that are exaggerated in those alien species. If I had to pick one, it'd be Vulcan, because it would be cool to be less ruled by my emotions than I am.
            sigpic

Comment

1. To answer the first question, I would say that I'd like to see what being a Q would be like--at least for a little while. Being able to travel anywhere at any time, at any place, would definitely be appealing. The big part of the fun would be being able to see places that would otherwise be impossible for a human, like a black hole, a neutron star, or a nebula. The possibilities would be limitless.

2. What do I see myself as in the ST universe? That's a real tough one. I would say the closest would probably be the Bajorans. Given my career paths in real life, I would say being a Bajoran deputy would definitely be fitting for me. Why the Bajorans? I think following a belief system would be the first thing as well as how my past has been an enormous struggle, but I'm still here and still marching on...just like the Bajorans.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X