Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's power issues after Light

I don't think anyones asked this yet.

Why is it that Destiny is only up to 40% power? It was swimming in a star why didn't it stay in longer to go up to 100% Of course scriptwise so the crew will have an excuse not to dial earth. Storywise what could be the reason?

1. Damage to the storage systems?
    2. Energy leak?
    Stargate Revival Please!

old age.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Simple wear and tear systems. She has probably been out there longer then anyone predicted for her, the Ancients probably would have dialed in eventually with a bunch of spare parts, or used some in the cargo crates on board the ship, and then fixed her and bought her up to specs, and then everything happened and she probably got lost in the streams of time.

Comment

She was only in the star for a brief period of time too. Probably for a full-charge, she'll need to stay in there for a while.

Comment

Its as old as....um, well its reallllly old.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Its as old as....um, well its reallllly old.
            Old as her tongue. Little bit older than her teeth.

Wait, what?

Comment

plot device.

Comment

It's like any rechargeable battery, after awhile it starts degrading and won't hold a full charge.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Perhaps the shields can't hold for that long against the heat and radiation.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's unknown according to what Rush said in the episode.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

NiCad batteries?
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        It's like any rechargeable battery, after awhile it starts degrading and won't hold a full charge.
                        Yeah I think that too or ship damage. Maybe even the bug pod thingy had somethin to do with it.

oopps now I did it, merge alert!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                          Perhaps the shields can't hold for that long against the heat and radiation.
                          If it can drain enough when power was near zero it should transfer power automatically and make the shield stronger the longer it is in there. There are damages to the ship so it is possible. Radiation was leaking in.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

possibly it runs half on a rechargable system and the other half ZPMs, not too farfetched
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Plot Device.

They don't want to give Destiny full power else people will complain like they did with Atlantis.
                              " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
                              - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

Working...
                              X