Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a very useful "Kino episode" on the MGM SGU side, where you get an explanation.
    Btw, those kino episodes are nice to watch and they go along with episodes of the 1. season.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Artemis-Neith. I really don't like these too complicated episodes, they remind me of Battlestar Galactica *shudders*
      ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
        Thanks Artemis-Neith. I really don't like these too complicated episodes, they remind me of Battlestar Galactica *shudders*
        I know it's a case of to each his own, but i thought this was the best episode of the season and a very, very good story. It's not complicated at all, but does require the right mindset. So far, it seems some have that mindset (and they love these kind of episodes) and some miss that mindset (and unanimously don't understand and/or like it.)

Comment

I loved BSG, and never got the impression it was complicated. Though you need to keep a lot of things in mind to not lose it. But that is not so different with SGU, you need always look for small informations you got in episodes. But I think, that's the nature of long story-lines, like you have in BSG, SGU and e.g. in GoT, it takes some time to get used to it, but then it's a great ride. And I think, it's not necessary to love every episode. We all here have our favorites and episodes we don't like that much.
          sigpic

Comment

I suppose it was late at night I watched it and I was ready for bed, that probably played a part. I like to dip into shows and not get too caught up in the finer details, especially if they are gruesome with creatures bursting out of people's chests etc. I turn away if I see blood and guts.

Babylon 5 was my favourite ever, really.

Comment

I have a lot of trouble with the gruesome stuff too, and that's the reason it took me so long to even get interested in sci-fi. I thought this was a great episode writing-wise but it was hard to watch.
              sigpic

Comment

I decided I don't have to watch gruesome stuff to prove some point so I don't. Anyway, I am looking forward to the next episode!

Comment

I decided I don't have to watch gruesome stuff to prove some point so I don't. Anyway, I am looking forward to the next episode!
                  I don't ask you to prove your point. I believe you. Many hold grudges or seem to have some rock-solid belief that their way is the right way. I have some of that as well, i don't deny. But when it comes to purely liking something.... too few people realize that what you love -or don't love- is subjective. Time travel does require investment into keeping track -that's the mindset i meant- and if you don't like doing that (i understand it's not everyone's cup of tea) then yes, you won't like the episode.

It did bother me that many people required explanation of a rather straightforward time travel loop. Compared to other time travel episodes it was actually one of the easiest since it was actually quite lineair (unlike, hey, moebius where they wrecked the timeline and then wrecked it again to fix it, or Last Man where there was a constant jump between numerous timeframes)

Comment

No, I was just talking generally about people thinking I 'should' watch gruesome scenes for whatever reason they think I should.

Comment

No, I was just talking generally about people thinking I 'should' watch gruesome scenes for whatever reason they think I should.
                      Ok. I just wanted to be clear ^^.

Comment

This is one of my favorite SG-U episodes and shows the quality of the writing, acting, and production of SG-U as a whole. Here's why:
                        1. The intro is awesome and longer than usual.
                        2. Many people wouldn't have noticed the whole beginning and most of the episode is Kino footage.
                        3. The design, production, and cinematography of the Kino footage is awesome.
                        4. This is like a found footage movie, Twilight Zone episode, Stargate episode all rolled into one.
                        5. The time travel was done well.
                        6. The human remains used as a value added bonus mystery is really great.
                        7. The scary, tense, and "woah" situations allowed the actors to show their craft skills.

However, the abrupt ending was a little too abrupt and SyFy should have extended the episode by like 1 minute to show a 3rd timeline of receiving a Kino through the Stargate and the team just skipping that planet.

Also, on a site note, I think SyFy should have aired episodes 1-6 before in 3 hour blocks, 2 days in a row and then repeated them all week long in 1 hour blocks here and there.

Comment

I agree probably the best episode, especially of season 1. I like how the characters we follow throughout most of the episode turn out to be also another timeline. This episode has a lot of emotional parts as well.

I kind of like the ending how it just ends with Scott throwing the Keno, a kind of endless ending that could have been in a Twilight Zone episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes this was definitely one of the best first season episodes even if it was a little predictable.

Comment

all due respect but it seems that when i make a comment for stargate, suddently all discussion stops!! if it is me please don't bother, just continue the discussion as if i don't exist! no problem!!

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                                all due respect but it seems that when i make a comment for stargate, suddently all discussion stops!! if it is me please don't bother, just continue the discussion as if i don't exist! no problem!!
                                If you look back in the previous page you'd realize the wasn't really much of a discussion. I was replying Puddle Jumper. However, the posts before it are months old at least. Sad that this board isn't very active anymore.

Maybe a bit predictable but I still love the episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X