This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pakar View Post
    all due respect but it seems that when i make a comment for stargate, suddently all discussion stops!! if it is me please don't bother, just continue the discussion as if i don't exist! no problem!!
    It's not you, like blueray said look at the dates on the posts - sometimes months go by and then someone comments and then more months go by.
    sigpic

Comment

A bit like life on Destiny I guess, months go by, nothing happens and then something, then back again to nothing much!

As time goes on people move on and SGU disappears with all the other great cancelled shows in the mists of fading memory. However, here we are on GW helping to delay this, it's nice to see that new people still come to comment on things time to time.

Comment

I've re-started my detailed look at each episode on my site, and my new post is about "Time". I may have gone overboard with almost 3,000 words, but I figure you guys would be the right people who might enjoy it.

Reconsidering Stargate Universe: "Time"

I'd love to hear what you think!

Comment

Out friggen standing post Sci-fi.. I loved your introspective on how this harkened back to the old says of SG1/SGA but also did something neither of them did..

Any idea when you might complete your series? I had a blast reading your two parter Darkness and light, then Water and earth..
          Last edited by garhkal; 23 December 2015, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Out friggen standing post Sci-fi.. I loved your introspective on how this harkened back to the old says of SG1/SGA but also did something neither of them did..

Any idea when you might complete your series? I had a blast reading your two parter Darkness and light, then Water and earth..
            Thanks! I'm not sure when I'll be finishing it, but I do plan to post more regularly now. Hoping to do a new article every few weeks, mostly on individual episodes. I will combine some when the episodes go together well like "Darkness: and "Light".

Comment

I look forward to reading them.

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
                I've re-started my detailed look at each episode on my site, and my new post is about "Time". I may have gone overboard with almost 3,000 words, but I figure you guys would be the right people who might enjoy it.

Thanks for posting this. It is interesting to think about how time was a different pace then the previous episodes. I can't wait until you get into season 2, when the show really picks up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post

Thanks for sharing. Time is one of my favourite episodes of Stargate, not just Stargate Universe. I love watching this episode. I was kind of disappointed they didn't stick with the handheld style continually (I have a huge softspot for found footage films) but I thought it all worked really well together.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Thanks for sharing. Time is one of my favourite episodes of Stargate, not just Stargate Universe. I love watching this episode. I was kind of disappointed they didn't stick with the handheld style continually (I have a huge softspot for found footage films) but I thought it all worked really well together.
                    While i am the opposite, i have been more 'dislike' than like for "Found footage films".

Using
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego..._footage_films
                    and going through all the 'found footage films they have, the ones on my like list are;

Chronicle,
                    Cloverfield (more was ok with it)
                    Earth to echo
                    Into the storm

That's it. The rest are crappy horror films, in the blair witch style which i have never liked..

Comment

They're generally terrible, I completely agree. But I just have a soft spot for the style. They're amongst my guilty pleasure films. It was nice to see that style make its way across to Stargate and be amazing!
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I really didn't know what all the fuss was about with the 'Blair Witch' at the time! To me it was like they let a toddler run off with the camera!

I did like 'Cloverfield' though. That was the best use of this 'handheld' shooting style for me. It worked in 'Time' since it was Eli and his need to chronicle stuff with the kinos that made it a more personal viewpoint of what unfolded. That's why I like this episode, the camera is impersonal but it's Eli's reactions that give the images their emotional impact.

sci-fi fanatic....Really enjoying your 'Reconsideration of SGU'! Reminds me once again of what made this show so enjoyable for me! I too look forward to reading your impressions of each episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          I really didn't know what all the fuss was about with the 'Blair Witch' at the time! To me it was like they let a toddler run off with the camera!

I did like 'Cloverfield' though. That was the best use of this 'handheld' shooting style for me. It worked in 'Time' since it was Eli and his need to chronicle stuff with the kinos that made it a more personal viewpoint of what unfolded. That's why I like this episode, the camera is impersonal but it's Eli's reactions that give the images their emotional impact.

sci-fi fanatic....Really enjoying your 'Reconsideration of SGU'! Reminds me once again of what made this show so enjoyable for me! I too look forward to reading your impressions of each episode!
                          Thanks! I just wrote about "Life" and posted it today. I'll drop that one in the Life thread shortly.

Comment

Working...
                          X