This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    It was very Tabula Rasa. In my opinion, Stargate is back. And its back for good.
    I gotta say after this ep and other eps. You really needed to be a SG-1 and SGA fan to understand more what is going on, imo. That is more than fine, this is Stargate, and well us fans have made both shows successful. So we don't need new viewers. Just need what we have and keep it Stargate and the show will be just fine.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      I'm with you....
      too implausible...but it's a interesting episode.
      How is it implausible? It's the same flare, the SAME EXACT FLARE. The only thing that changed was the information the destiny crew had.

Comment

Well I can definitely say you're right...it was a very creative episode...
        Maybe I should like as an episode on that alone.
        Maybe
        If you didn't like it you didn't like it, none of us are taking any skin off your back.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
          It's the same flare, at the same time. Just in different AT's.

All I can say about this episode is just WOW. Blows all previous ones out of the water. Just... Wow.
          I can only second this...WOW INDEED.

I've been loving all of em' so far, and now this...bravo...

Comment

Annnd...apparently the disease crossed over and is affecting all the abnormals as well
            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
              Annnd...apparently the disease crossed over and is affecting all the abnormals as well

Comment

here' a question for you What are they going to do about all of that Tainted Water?

Comment

By far the most disappointing episode yet.

I'm not saying it was a bad episode. In fact this episode had the best writing of any episode of SGU yet. We actually learn something about the characters (Eli's mom has HIV, Rush and Young like Butch Cassidy), we get nice character development, and above all we actually get an interesting plot. The humor is well dispersed (Rush actually makes a joke) and there's a lot of suspense in the Kino scenes. Lt. James died and I was shocked, I was surprised the writers had the balls to kill of a recurring character so early. Everything was going so well for the first 50 minutes, I was just about to call this the greatest episode of SGU yet.

And then Chloe died, and I knew this episode was just a farce. At that point I knew the reset button was coming and any tension left in the episode was utterly destroyed. I was about to yell at the TV screen: "How could you give me such a great hour of television and then pull a stupid cliche on it at the last second?" I'm probably being a bit harsh, but seriously, this is something you would expect out of your average Star Trek: Voyager episode (and I like STV).

So this episode wasn't disappointing for any of the reasons the previous episodes were. This episode improved greatly on many aspects of the show, but the final minutes just absolutely ruined it.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                    How is it implausible? It's the same flare, the SAME EXACT FLARE. The only thing that changed was the information the destiny crew had.
                    But doesn't the gate have to intersect the flare at the right time..
                    So the events played out each time...at just the right time to send the kino back....

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    Maybe
                    If you didn't like it you didn't like it, none of us are taking any skin off your back.
                    Oddly enough, sir, it's my left fore arm that's missing the skin but that's because of little sand paper incident at work....nothing to worry about...

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      here' a question for you What are they going to do about all of that Tainted Water?
                      Purify the hell out of it, . Boiling it would probably do the trick, given that the microbe in question is from an ice planet. To my knowledge, organisms (even extremophiles) don't tend be both hyperthermophiles and hyperpsychrophiles.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't know...that was kinda whack...
                        how you just gonna just end it like that....

It was interesting....I don't go for horror in the sci fi category....Event Horizon...finsihed that thread for me.
                        Obviously how it ended hints that everything was undone and the events we saw never happened. That's why it ended so abruptly.

Anyways, my take on the episode.

HOLY CRAP! It was well worth the wait for this. My friends who aren't Stargate fans loved it. Also, my friend got her boyfriend to watch it and he said he liked it. She said it finally peaked her interest again.

Everything was great. Loved it all. I didn't see them pulling a double reset. I thought they would resolve it without them dying again on the mission. The creatures were both awesome and disturbing. Rush is freakin' crazy! Especially when you see him say a few lines and jump through the gate. That was priceless. Eli only reaffirmed my belief when he told Rush that.

This episode was directed and written great. Kudos to Robert. He continues to amaze me. I just want to point out to people who complain that the Kino playback was all messy, that is because the data banks were corrupted by the looks of it so it makes sense for it to skip, etc. That was a nice creative touch by Robert (and the editing team).

In my personal opinion, 'Time' is the first episode out of SGU I can give as a 10/10, four stars (****). Acting was superb. TJ was believable in her scene during and after revealing to Eli that Chloe was already dead. Speaking of which, Eli's performance was awesome as well. Hell, Greer was too. Pfft. I can go on. Everyone was great. I can't wait for the 11 PM airing to come on. I want to watch it again so bad!

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Probably just purify it again...or at the worse I suppose they can use that venom as a water purifier.

Comment

Boil it?

Seriously though, good question.
                            I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

it won't matter...
                              They'll find a cure.

Comment

Originally posted by arrakis44 View Post
                                Boil it?

Seriously though, good question.
                                LOL I said the same thing...

Comment

Working...
                                X