This is one of my favorite SG-U episodes and shows the quality of the writing, acting, and production of SG-U as a whole. Here's why:
- The intro is awesome and longer than usual.
- Many people wouldn't have noticed the whole beginning and most of the episode is Kino footage.
- The design, production, and cinematography of the Kino footage is awesome.
- This is like a found footage movie, Twilight Zone episode, Stargate episode all rolled into one.
- The time travel was done well.
- The human remains used as a value added bonus mystery is really great.
- The scary, tense, and "woah" situations allowed the actors to show their craft skills.
However, the abrupt ending was a little too abrupt and SyFy should have extended the episode by like 1 minute to show a 3rd timeline of receiving a Kino through the Stargate and the team just skipping that planet.
Also, on a site note, I think SyFy should have aired episodes 1-6 before in 3 hour blocks, 2 days in a row and then repeated them all week long in 1 hour blocks here and there.